Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

state farm Insurance

My .$02

I had State Farm for 25 years, originally purchasing them based on Consumer Reports recommendation (another long story)

During that time, I had only two minor claims (yes, only 2) and always paid my bills on time. I had the same agent for that entire period.

lo and behold, I had a significant issue come up and my trusty State Farm told me to go f**k myself, only more nicely. I even got a lawyer involved, but was told that only lengthy and expensive litigation would ensue with no guarantee of success.

I ended up biting the bullet and paid out of my own pocket. I also dropped State Farm like a bad habit. That was over 10 years ago.

Now I have better insurance at a lower rate. They actually did me a favor, because I would probably still have them.

I'm happy some folks have had good luck with State Farm, but everyone should review their policies every few years just to make sure they have what they need at a fair price.

As for me, no more State Farm ever, and I'll review my policies on a regular basis.

BTW, as far as Consumer Reports, take their recommendations with a grain of salt, but thats best left for another thread.

ctjackster said:
Actually, perhaps a review of the linked thread is in order - you should be less than glad when you see "stated value" on your policy, the point of the linked thread was that, for appreciating collector cars, you likley want "agreed value". Of course, I do not know if your Corvette would qualify for the collector car class. It might very well be the case that your SF Stated Value policy is the best coverage, at the best price, for your situation.

Sorry Ct, my mistake on the last post. My 74 does qualify and I have collectors insurance with American Collectors Insurance Co. It is agreed value. I have State Farm on my every day driver.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom