Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering rack leak, where to get new

I

Igor

Hey guys,

I have a leak out of my steering rack out of one of the transfer tubes.
I just did bushings in the entire car and had the rack out to change bushings/fix leaks on rack. Got all leaks on rack fixed but the one transfer tube. Its leaking enough to paint my new engine and piss me off.

I took the transfer tubes off when on the bench and nothing looked cracked/broken. There is no seal there, just compression flared fitting. I re-installed them with red loctite and torqued them to speck, and now still leaking out of that one transfer tube. I did use 1 bottle of lucas stop leak and no change.

So I think I am forced to look for a new z51 rack. My car is 85 z51. Any idea who sells a re-maned or new rack and how much?

Thanks.

I took the transfer tubes off when on the bench and nothing looked cracked/broken. There is no seal there, just compression flared fitting. I re-installed them with red loctite and torqued them to speck, and now still leaking out of that one transfer tube. I did use 1 bottle of lucas stop leak and no change.
Lucas wont help a cracked tube,damaged flare,damaged nut,or damaged seat,just a seal or O-ring!!:thumb Do some close inspection under a magnifying glass,you missed something!!(Chunk of Deb're,Cracked Flare,Cracked Seat or Nut!!) ;shrug;shrug;shrug

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom