Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering wheel air bag cover problem

507-525-0708

I just bought a 2004 convertible and noticed the center steering wheel cover was sticky and grabbed a wet wipe to clean it. The problem just got worst. I'm thinking the previous owner applied some kind of coating that was reacting to the original surface. Im not sure if anything could be applied or the whole cover could be replaced without replacing the air bag.anybody out there have any ideas?

First off a Welcome to CAC is in order. :w Sounds a bit strange. I would probably say, get some denatured alcohol and try removing the sticky substance. Maybe someone else will chime in with another suggestion. As far as the air bag is concerned, I'm not sure..

I just bought a 2004 convertible and noticed the center steering wheel cover was sticky and grabbed a wet wipe to clean it. The problem just got worst. I'm thinking the previous owner applied some kind of coating that was reacting to the original surface. Im not sure if anything could be applied or the whole cover could be replaced without replacing the air bag.anybody out there have any ideas?

I would take it to a quality detail or upholstery shop and get their opinion. Can be expensive if done wrong.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom