Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steering wheel options: suggestions?

mtdoragary

Corvette
2000 ragtop
My Y2K wheel is shiny and slick, so as I see it, my options are 1. leave it alone (unacceptable), 2. clean it and get it soft and grippy again (LOTS of opinions on right and wrong way to do that), 3. Get it recovered (leading candidate at this point), or 4. replace it with an aftermarket wheel (pricey and wouldn't look right with stock air bag. What did YOU do, and based on your experiences, what would you suggest that I do?

Steering wheels ?

I don't know your situation but I have a 2003 50th Anniversary coupe and were it be me, I go with a combined wood and leather streeing wheel

Mine is stock and I would love to see pics of custom steering wheels. Post em if you got em.

It got shiny, cause you didn't take care of it to begin with.
Cheapest alternative would be to clean it with a product like>>>Leatherique Canada, or Zaino.

If that doesn't do it for you, get it recovered professionally, which is the only way it's going to look 'better than factory'! Cheesey 'wheelskins', or other 'covers' look like crap. Either you want to look good, or not. You get what you pay for!

http://70.86.152.70/~caravagg/pdfs/C5_Interior.pdf

My Caravaggio wheel, with custom thumb grips moulded in done when I had 1500kms on the clock.

newcamera051yw4.jpg

myswcopy.jpg

There are no aftermarket wheels that can use the stock air bag.

This is the only AM wheel with air bag from 'Raid' in Germany, as small as 320mm, but $2300.

c5raid2.jpg

My Y2K wheel is shiny and slick, so as I see it, my options are 1. leave it alone (unacceptable), 2. clean it and get it soft and grippy again (LOTS of opinions on right and wrong way to do that), 3. Get it recovered (leading candidate at this point), or 4. replace it with an aftermarket wheel (pricey and wouldn't look right with stock air bag. What did YOU do, and based on your experiences, what would you suggest that I do?

It got shiny, cause you didn't take care of it to begin with.
Cheapest alternative would be to clean it with a product like>>>Leatherique Canada, or Zaino.

If that doesn't do it for you, get it recovered professionally, which is the only way it's going to look 'better than factory'! Cheesey 'wheelskins', or other 'covers' look like crap. Either you want to look good, or not. You get what you pay for!

http://70.86.152.70/~caravagg/pdfs/C5_Interior.pdf

My Caravaggio wheel, with custom thumb grips moulded in done when I had 1500kms on the clock.

newcamera051yw4.jpg

myswcopy.jpg

There are no aftermarket wheels that can use the stock air bag.

This is the only AM wheel with air bag from 'Raid' in Germany, as small as 320mm, but $2300.

c5raid2.jpg
It had 115,000 miles on the clock when I got it and was VERY well taken care of, but thanks for the suggestions!

Dirtier than toilets! lol

Ughh.
Car steering wheels dirtier than toilets - Trends News - IBNLive

http://ibnlive.in.com/news/ughh-car-steering-wheels-dirtier-than-toilets/150146-19.html

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom