Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Steeroids Rack and Pinion

Delph

Corvette
1967 Corvette Roadster Bigblock 500+HP
I looked everywhere for the post that someone wrote. Very specific and even had pictures of how they modified or enhanced the steeroids short comings. I think his name is Bob...not 100% positive though. Can anyone help me find this post or can any of you recall it? Also if you have any negative or positive experiences with the Rack and Pinion install...it doesnt have to be Steeroids either.

Thanks for your input. FYI--I talked to Flaming River Tech support and they dont have one for a Big Block yet. I do want the manual and not the power option.

Tim

Tim,

I remember the post, it was started by 67Heaven but the pics and install info was by Stepinwolf. I searched by posts on Stepinwolf and could not find it either. He had changed the tie rod ends for ones from VBP, made a couple of brackets himself with thicker gauge metal.

I also went with the steeriod R&P. I didn't think there was a difference for the manual steering from SB to BB just the power option since it needs different hoses for the BB. I have a BB but it is a ZL1 Ramjet, if I would have went with a iron block and heads I probably would have opted for the power unit. Hope that helps.

Chuck

I thought that was kind of odd too. They said they didnt have anything for me yet.

VB&P sells the steeroids now...I wonder if they upgraded a few things

It was me

Yes Chuck, you are absolutely right, it was my response to 67heaven's request for information concerning a possible " Steeroids " upgrade.

I went into great detail on the upgrade ( very long reply ), but like yourself, I cannot find the original thread. I have searched, but can't seem to get anything over a year old, and if memory serves me correctly, it was originally posted in the Fall of 04, sometime before Xmas.

Maby somebody can explain how we can do a search in the archives.

Stepinwolf

That post was so well written and so informative I copied it to a Word doc. Unfortunatly the file is too large to post. I would be happy to send it to anyone who wants it. Send me your email address.

Tom

I can't find the thread either. It may have been lost during the week-long major crash this winter. :cry

Sky65 said:
That post was so well written and so informative I copied it to a Word doc. Unfortunatly the file is too large to post. I would be happy to send it to anyone who wants it. Send me your email address.

Tom

Tom--that would be great if you could mail it to me.

thank you

Tim

timdelph@comcast.net

Let's do it for everyone!

The co-operation is great but not very efficient. If the origional post has been lost, then maybe Tom (thanks for saving it in the first place) could repost it for the rest of us that may want to use it down the road a little later.

I love reading forums, and the accumulation of information so I would hate to see worthwhile info simply lost....if it doesn't have to be.

(Hey Barry, do you have this in your tech papers library?)

Thanks.

Bud.

I would be happy to re-post the post :confused but I only have it as a pdf file now and can't copy it. If anyone knows how I will send them the file for posting. Otherwise send me your address and I will email it to you.
:beer

67HEAVEN said:
Extracting things from a .PDF file results in some distortion, but you get the idea. ;)

Thanks for the cooperation in getting this thing back. :w

Nice Job Bob :D

stepinwolf

67HEAVEN said:
Extracting things from a .PDF file results in some distortion, but you get the idea. ;)

Thanks for the cooperation in getting this thing back. :w
I need to learn how to do that!
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom