Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Still don't like the drive train!!! no throttle cable!! Too much electornics!!!

kadangadong

Corvette
1994 coupe
Torq. tube,transmission as a differential? 1996 was the last true corvette. The new vettes are a nightmare!!! I'll take my 1994 700hp vette any time. I can work on it with ease and thats the fun of having a vette!!! Come on GM build a vette like the viper and also keep the new vettes for the suit and tie guys that manicure their nails. You won't do that because you know what would happen don't you?!!! Kadangadong

I love these "one post wonders" who sign up to stir the pot.

Facts are that C4, 5 and 6 are all easy to work on as long as you have good tools and service data. I own a 95, an 04 and a 12 and work on all of them myself. In fact, in some respects, due to better diagnostics, more simple assembly and less problems with parts availability, the C5 and C6 are easier to work on that is the C4.

As for the torque tube linking the engine to the transaxle, that's part of why C5 and C6 handle far better than does a C4. The C5/C6 structure is so much better than is that of C4.

I'd take on your "700-hp Vette" with my 500-hp C6 on any road course. The only place I might be in jeopardy is on a long straight and that's if you could get the car to hook off the turns and we only ran a couple of laps. If we ran a lot of laps, my car's much better brakes would negate most of your extra 200 horses.
Chevrolet needing to build a "Vette like a Viper"...I can only :chuckle

In the most recent ZR-1 vs. Viper test at Laguna Seca by Motor Trend magazine, the Viper got it's ass kicked.

As for my wearing a suit and tie and manicuring my nails?
;LOL

I'm just joining in, to track the responses. As far as my two cents: Everyone has an opinion, as I'm sure you have heard in the well known saying. My opinion is that to each his/her own....I would take the vette. And in the end, if the viper ended up beating my vette by x/10ths of a second, I'll survive!

I sure am glad that my C4 GS doesn't have any "electornics". They sound kind of scarey...

I will say that my C4 could spank the C5's until the Z06 came along, and it has only 230 hp. So, I wouldn't say that the C5 was an instant success in the performance department. I am talking autocross, not drag racing or on a track.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom