Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Still the best C7 info/article: Chevrolet Corvette C7 - Sneak Preview 2008

I like what I see there, D. It has more "Corvette features" than some of those other renditions that have been thrown out. Somehow I get the feeling of a retro look with this one. Reminiscent of the early Sharks. I like it.

looks good.not much change from current model,it seems cars have 'faces' now

looks good.not much change from current model,it seems cars have 'faces' now

I agree, but since the C7 is expected to be more of a C6.5, this is probably as close as anything we've seen. Yeah, it's a bit conservative, but so is GM. Hopefully we'll see the C8 shortly afterward and it will be a quantum leap forward (rear engined I hope). Some reports say the C7 is almost a interim step toward what will truly be a new Corvette. As for the above rendering I like it.

I look forward to a retro-vette! I think that it should have new badging, not a remade C-6 but a new badge to reflect a new Vette. If it is a new Vette, i will be selling my 2003 Black/Black coupe. But if it isn't a new, i will be sticking with my almost new Vette! -Ed

Does this set your blood to a high boil? This clearly is an example of what Car and Driver sees as the next corvette..
Car-and-Driver-11.jpg

Car-and-Driver-2.jpg

I love it!
Now it just needs 470hp, 3200 lb curb weight and a Dual clutch transmission..

We recently had a GM official speak at one of our Corvette club meetings and although we couldn't pin him down on particulars he did state that the C7 will be a new car. They will offer a split window coupe and and a much needed upgraded interior. In reading between the lines it sounds like we will probobly see CTS-V seats with higher quality materials and workmanship. Although engine displacement will drop (probably to 5.5) HP should remain about the same also, looking down the road we will probably see overhead cam and direct injection.No plans to move away from the V8. The future looks bright indead!

I hope GM does not make a back end like on the red one. Keep the split.......forget the trunk. :beer

I hope GM does not make a back end like on the red one. Keep the split.......forget the trunk.
Amen to that; it bites and loses the 4-light tradition. The silver design looks plausible, but may be way short on headroom for tall Americans.

Then, when, EVER, has any magazine speculation ever shown the eventual design of a new Corvette generation?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom