Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stock Mufflers and Y Pipe Replacement

Baldie88

Corvette
2016 triple black vert.
I'm probably the only one on this website but I actually want to replace my rusted out mufflers and rear Y pipe with stock ones. I'm trying to keep it totally stock and like the sound of the stock ones on it right now. I've looked at Corvette Central, Ecklers and MAD and they are all basically the same price. Just wanted to know if anyone has any experience with any stock mufflers from these folks and if you had a preference.

If I decide not to go with the stock, which would be the next step up? Not looking for anything real loud since I'm on the back side of 50. Flowmasters maybe but definitely Borla, etc are out of my price range.

Car is an 88 and I don't plan any performance mods. It's a weekend toy.

Thanks.

Your situation is understandable...but instead of playing with future rusted out parts....sink the 500.00 into a stainless steel system and don't ever worry about it again. I recently put a Borla system on my 85 and have never been happier with the quality, performance, sound and ease of installation. My .02¢...

Back in 97?, my vette would not pass state inspection (cat burned out, y pipe & mufflers were rusted) so I ordered from Mid America. Back then, borla or any other stainless were if I recalled, still $750+.

Have'nt had any problem, but unless you have a way to get up underneath the car, go to a muffler shop and have them install. I think I spent an extra $25. I tried, but with everything rusted out, it was easier to have the muffler shop torch cut the old muffler clamps off.

stock muffler replacement

Ecklers has a nice set of stock look alike mufflers, but with chrome tips! I put a new y pipe w/h the crosspipe in it, and new mufflers on my car. It isn't loud, but is sounds a little deeper. I'll sell my chrome tipped mufflers for $50!!!

I've been wanting some louder pipes...

Vrotate

Try a Corvette salvage yard or ebay for a good used system if you are happy with it. It shouldn't cost much at all used.

'84 stock stuff offering

I am pleased with my new 3" , heads-back system from TPIS. I have the stock Y-pipe and mufflers here in rustfree So.Calif. I'd rather not store them any longer, so if they fit your year, let's talk. The mufflers have been stored, and moved, since 1985 or so. Actually, the stock exhaust manifolds are almost new, too, as I installed headers about then with Flowmasters.

How refreshing: a guy who wants a stock car!

:w

Thanks for all the offers guys but I stopped at the local Corvette shop here and after the owner found out I was joining the club he belongs to he cut me a deal. Stock Y pipe and mufflers installed for $225! So I went ahead and ordered them and they are being installed next Tuesday. I know I should have went the stainless or more expensive route but with the way I'll probably drive the car these will last 10 years or more. Wasn't looking for any more power or sound, just wanted to keep everything stock. Even bone stock I'm just happy with the knowledge that it's faster than probably 90% of the cars on the road today.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom