Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stop and Go Tubeless Tire Patch Kit-First Use Report

S

Steve C.

Hey Gang, just thought I would pass along my experience with the Stop and Go patch kit. I bought it to carry under the seat of my sport bikes and never really thought about using it on a car until our daily driver Honda Civic got a puncture Friday evening:mad. Pulled the offending screw and inserted the mushroom shaped plug per the instructions with the supplied tool and within 5 minutes I was airing up the tire. The kit comes with C02 cylinders that wouldn't work on the car tire, unless you had a whole bunch of 'em :L. Worked super and we drove it for about 150 miles before getting it patched on the inside for good. I'm going to get another kit for the ZO6 and use it instead of the "slime" kit that comes with the car. I've never had much luck with it.

Only someone who is really in a fix would use the "slime". It will really screw up the rim.

I carry a tire plugging kit in all my cars just for those odd nails and screws. I also carry a 12v compressor in one - need to get 3 more of them. Beating getting stuck with a flat or actually having to drive a run-flat flat.

I carry a tire plugging kit in all my cars just for those odd nails and screws. I also carry a 12v compressor in one - need to get 3 more of them. Beating getting stuck with a flat or actually having to drive a run-flat flat.
So ya gonna keep the Beast around for awhile???? I never even looked at the spare the whole time I had the car!!!! But I did carry a 12v compressor, just in case. Got the Z16 back on the road yesterday, just shy of $1000 worth of damage from one dead dog! Looks good and is better than when I picked it up, all new air dams, skid plate, fresh paint on the underside of the nose and new clear coat all over the bumper cover.

So ya gonna keep the Beast around for awhile???? I never even looked at the spare the whole time I had the car!!!! But I did carry a 12v compressor, just in case. Got the Z16 back on the road yesterday, just shy of $1000 worth of damage from one dead dog! Looks good and is better than when I picked it up, all new air dams, skid plate, fresh paint on the underside of the nose and new clear coat all over the bumper cover.

Yea, the Beast is going to cost me a lot of money though.
Susan and I need a bigger garage so we're looking at building a new house just to put all our cars inside.
Guess I better check the spare on the Beast soon. That's where the jack is located also if I remember correctly.
Good news on the Z16. Enjoy.

I always kept a 2 dollar plug kit from Kmart along with a 20 dollar air compressor in case I got a flat in my Z06..

It came in handy 3 times..

Took me about 5 minutes to fill the tire with air...

FInd the hole..shove the screwdriver like tool in the hole with the black string like thing.. pulled it out and filled it with air..

Never did it before the c5 Z got a flat and I sure was glad to have that kit..

The 2nd and 3rd time were no problem.

Yea, the Beast is going to cost me a lot of money though.
Susan and I need a bigger garage so we're looking at building a new house just to put all our cars inside.
Guess I better check the spare on the Beast soon. That's where the jack is located also if I remember correctly.
Good news on the Z16. Enjoy.

Sorry to hear it's gonna cost you some bucks but the old car is pretty darn cool, even as fun as the Z16 car is I miss the Beast. I guess one good thing is the Z16 is pretty quiet so I doesn't draw as much attention in town. I'd offer to buy it back but then I 'd be in your shoes.:L

I always kept a 2 dollar plug kit from Kmart along with a 20 dollar air compressor in case I got a flat in my Z06..

It came in handy 3 times..

Took me about 5 minutes to fill the tire with air...

FInd the hole..shove the screwdriver like tool in the hole with the black string like thing.. pulled it out and filled it with air..

Never did it before the c5 Z got a flat and I sure was glad to have that kit..

The 2nd and 3rd time were no problem.

I never thought about the Z not having a spare until I actually got the car home but there's just no good place to put a spare like the C4's have. I'm sure the K Mart plugs work well, I was just very impressed with the stop and go kit, especially since it doesn't use any glue on the plug.;)

In addition, if you activated the TPS sytem like I have and replaced the tire valves the "slime" will ruin them.:)

Hey Gang, just thought I would pass along my experience with the Stop and Go patch kit. I bought it to carry under the seat of my sport bikes and never really thought about using it on a car until our daily driver Honda Civic got a puncture Friday evening:mad. Pulled the offending screw and inserted the mushroom shaped plug per the instructions with the supplied tool and within 5 minutes I was airing up the tire. The kit comes with C02 cylinders that wouldn't work on the car tire, unless you had a whole bunch of 'em :L. Worked super and we drove it for about 150 miles before getting it patched on the inside for good. I'm going to get another kit for the ZO6 and use it instead of the "slime" kit that comes with the car. I've never had much luck with it.

I just received my tire repair kit in the mail this weekend from Stop and Go. Looks like a very good kit. Years, ok decades, ago I worked for a service station that used to plug tires. The rubber plugs with the mushroom on top always worked the best. The Stop and Go kit looks like it's going to work good. I don't recommend leaving a plug in your tire for too long a time as the hole, after time, will become the same diameter as the plug. Get your tire patched on the inside as soon as you can.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom