Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: What do guys carry for emergency flat tire issue?

C5 Don

Corvette
'98 C5, Light Carmine red metalic coupe.
Just wondering what people carry in the event of a flat tire. I just picked up a nail in my rt rear and tried to use the Slime sealant/pump combo I bought in case something like this happened. Living in Florida, the kit is stored in the car where it is hot. The Slime kit is only about 1 1/2 years old, but when it pumped into the tire, it was thin, runny liquid that ran out of the nail hole in the tire, never sealing it. I took the tire off the car and was able to get it to a tire shop that flushed the slime out and patched the leak from the inside. So I'm back in business. But wondering what others have on-board when not running run flats any more. Thanks in advance for any ideas!

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Two things: 1) a GM OEM emergency inflation pump with the sealant canister. 2) a tire plugging kit.
If the nail/screw/whatever is in a position where I can plug it, I do that.
If not, I use the sealant and tire pump to keep the tire inflated, then take the car to a tire shop where it can be repaired or replaced.

C5 Don

Corvette
Tuna, Thanks for your reply. Sounds like I've done everything you suggest. (except the plug kit, which I plan to pick up) I was disappointed in the Slime product coming out runny and not sealing anything. I attribute that to the heat, but FL sure ain't the only hot state their crap is sold in! I might consider carrying my small floor jack around, although I hate that idea too.

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Run flats.... People think I'm crazy, but I like the peace of mind.....

gmjunkie

Corvette
03 Z-51,78 L82 Coupe
Two things: 1) a GM OEM emergency inflation pump with the sealant canister. 2) a tire plugging kit.
If the nail/screw/whatever is in a position where I can plug it, I do that.
If not, I use the sealant and tire pump to keep the tire inflated, then take the car to a tire shop where it can be repaired or replaced.
Same here Tuna, Plus my AAA card and a Big Shiny 8 in barrel .357 Magnum cordless drill!~!! LoL!

Corvette
'13 427 60th vert - CTS V Wagon(4-door Vette)
Run flats.... People think I'm crazy, but I like the peace of mind.....

Guess I'm crazy also. My Vette and the wife's ATS have them, plus everything I said above.

C5 Don

Corvette
Thanks everyone! Looks like I pretty much had it covered, but I did pick up a plug kit yesterday. Now, do I start carrying around one of my floor jacks? Hmmmmm...

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Win Both Corvettes!

Win Both Corvettes and Get Extra Bonus Tickets Now!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Dead Center Foundation

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Partners

Top Bottom