Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Strange headlight problem

Joe Vette

Corvette
2005 Lemans Blue Coupe
I have a 2005 Coupe with a low beam problem. My lights work fine for about 30 minutes then both go out. All other lights stay on. I've replaced the low beam relay, no fix. If I jump out the relay contacts the lights will come on. It seems that when the car is cold they work. If the car has been running for awhile no lights. Changing from auto lights to manual doesn't help.
High beams will work. Any input will be greatly appreciated.

Hope all are well.
Joe

Joe I found an old thread on another forum where a guy was having that same problem with his 05. He had replaced the headlight switch and changed the relay and nothing worked. The low beams would work for awhile and then shut off. He said he fixed it when he took the fuse box apart and found that 2 contact points where the low beam relay plugs in were slightly bent and were not allowing the relay to work as designed. He took a small scribe and moved the contact points in the fusebox and now everything works great. He thought the jarring from the road would cause the relay to disconnect which would switch off the headlights.

Hope that helps........

Hey Husskerman. I was beginning to think the same thing. Mainly because that sometimes if I beat on the fuse box I could get the lights to come on. I just wanted to confirm whether I was losing the ground or the signal from the BCM to the relay coil. Taking that relay box apart is a little scarey. Can you direct me to his post so I can contact him????

I will PM you the link if I can find it again but I don't know if it will help. I am new enough here to not know what CAC thinks about posting links from other Corvett forums on their site............;shrug

Thanks Huskerman. I'll look into this further. I know the one side of the coil is a ground. Does anyone know the voltage at the other end of the coil from the BCM?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom