Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stuck siphon hose!

RON RUNYON

Corvette
1980 YELLOW COUPE, 4 SPEED
I recently needed some lawnmower gas, so I thought I would siphon gas from my 2017 Stingray with gas cap less input tube. I inserted a vinyl tube that is 7/16" O.D., 5/16" I.D. about 3" to 4" deep, couldn't go in any further! Now can't get it back out!!! Anybody have any suggestions

Is it possible to rotate that tubing?

If you can, try rotating it while trying to withdraw it.

Another Idea would be to get a very long, small diameter screwdriver, and use it to try and release the flapper door which is holding the tube.

If that doesn't work, well...flatbed to the dealer and have them pull the left tank and extract the tube.

Is it possible to rotate that tubing?

If you can, try rotating it while trying to withdraw it.

Another Idea would be to get a very long, small diameter screwdriver, and use it to try and release the flapper door which is holding the tube.

If that doesn't work, well...flatbed to the dealer and have them pull the left tank and extract the tube.

I tried rotating the tube and only succeeded in twisting the tube into (leaving the severed hose in the
fuel tube). But, that is when I realized that the secondary flap door was the culprit that was causing me so much grief. I then was able to hold both trap doors open, hold a flash light and use a real long pair of tweezer to retrieve the remaining piece of tubing (with the help of my lovely wife)!!! So the moral of the story is remember that there are two flap doors in the gas lidless systems.

I tried rotating the tube and only succeeded in twisting the tube into (leaving the severed hose in the
fuel tube). But, that is when I realized that the secondary flap door was the culprit that was causing me so much grief. I then was able to hold both trap doors open, hold a flash light and use a real long pair of tweezer to retrieve the remaining piece of tubing (with the help of my lovely wife)!!! So the moral of the story is remember that there are two flap doors in the gas lidless systems.

And not use a match as a light source.

Seriously, good job.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom