Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Stupid question!

Art Jett

Corvette
1977 TPI 383 stroker, 700R-4/ 2002 6 spd.
I'm making up my new plug wires and cutting them to length so there won't be messy wires hanging all over the place. The only thing I'm not sure of is which directiion the rotor in the distributor turns when the engine is running. I said it was a stupid question. It's been years since I worked on an automobile engine and I've slept since then. :confused

Clockwise.

1-8-4-3-6-5-7-2

Thanks. I thought so but wanted to be sure before I ruined $75.00 worth of plug wires.

Im no expert and I know there are no stupid questions....but this is the BEST place for info , bar none....

I was going to suggest opening the cap and turing the car over....you would see the rotor going round and round.....but thats just a back door way of finding out what the experts know off the top of their head.

Keep asking as it builds the knowledge base hear....you can spend hours looking thru the posts here for information and come out happy every time.

Chas:_rock

That would work if the engine was in the car. It's on a hoist with the transmission hanging off the back. I'm waiting for the rest of the car to come back from the body shop. It's at # 1 TDC right now and I'd like to leave it there till it gets installed and started. As far as getting info here-you're right! I've never been dissapointed after asking a question. Someone always comes back with the correct answer. :beer Art

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom