Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Summer winding down

Toms007

Corvette
2007 Atomic Orange Coupe
Hey guys, summer is winding down, so how many of you have big plans to drive the Corvette before the weather turns cold. Now I realize that those of you in the south have a big advantage over those in northern regions. But lets here what is planned yet.

We're taking the Grand Sport down to Effingham in September for Funfest. Thought we'd take in the Chevrolet Hall of Fame on our way there.

I'll start here. We have a class reunion this weekend and I am taking the Corvette. The weather is supposed to start warming back up...mid 90's. Then over Labor day weekend, I'm taking it again as my brothers, sister and our families are getting together. My little brother has a BMW Z3, and my older brother has an older Mercedes coupe....so I have to keep the USA flag riding high.

Class reunion on Labor Day weekend so I can's go to the Bowling Green shindig :mad but it is just 38 days 'til Eureka Springs, Arkansas. There may be a run to St. Louis and Hannibal, Mo. in late September. :)

I'm probably maxed out for the season on miles driven. I may do a few more local runs, but Vette's On The Rockies was my big trip this year; about 320 miles round trip. I figure I have about another 6-8 weeks and its bed time for the winter.

Corvettes@Carlisle August 27, 28, 29

Heading to Carlisle, PA for the annual Corvette meet. It's a 438 mile drive and several Corvettes from my area travel it together every year.
Remo:cool

Now that cooler weather is upon us, I have driven the vette this whole week to work. During the hot days, I don't feel like driving the car 20 minutes to bake for 10 hours. Not to mention, our parking lot is a sure target for birds.

To me fall is the best driving weather. Unfortunately winter has to follow! :w

My brother and I have signed up for the Z06 bash at the NCM in Bowling Green. It's at the same time as MAMW Fun Fest and I had to cancel my hotel reservations in Effingham to attend the Z06 bash (made the reservations before I purchased the Z06). Then the cars have about 6 weeks before storage and the 4 wheel drives come out of storage. One corvette may stay out until the weekend after Thanksgiving. No interest in going to any class reunions.
Barrett

I moved here to Missouri two years ago from San Diego, but I still drive my coupe every week, in the winter too when the roads are dry. No use leaving it in the garage and have the battery run down, eh? :L

Have fun.:thumb

I drive mine daily no matter what
Summer is racing season
Winter is mod season:beer

Got back today from class reunion. Had a really good time, saw some people we hadn't seen in quite a few years. Man some of them look old, but we did find out that all of our class (44 in our class, and 37 years after graduation) are still alive. We had 16 show up and had a good time, good meal and a good evening chatting and catching up.

On the way home, we met one sheriff patrolman who flashed his lights at me and gave me the slowdown sign as he went by...I was only doing 70 in a 65, but I hit the brakes, and set the cruise at 68 until I left that county. Then I bumped it back up to 70. I guess maybe he must have liked Corvettes. :D

now that cooler weather is upon us, i have driven the vette this whole week to work. During the hot days, i don't feel like driving the car 20 minutes to bake for 10 hours. Not to mention, our parking lot is a sure target for birds.

To me fall is the best driving weather. Unfortunately winter has to follow! :w

I would rather drive MY 87 when it's cooler out. Any temps above 90 is too hot to take it out.

Hey guys, summer is winding down, so how many of you have big plans to drive the Corvette before the weather turns cold. Now I realize that those of you in the south have a big advantage over those in northern regions. But lets here what is planned yet.

Guess what we bought today?!?!?!

Well, I'm guessing a 2003 MSG Coupe? Pictures?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom