Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Summer winding down

We are going to Eureka Springs Corvette weekend!

The car show season is pretty much over here except for some cruise ins here and there. The last Corvette specific show was a few weeks ago. Just nice driving days left in the season. Not hard though since the weather up here is like June as opposed to October.

First, from someone living in Arizona... thank God summer is winding down.

Now we go back to living in the "Valley of the Sun", and not the "Surface of the Sun"!

Over the summer my wife and I find places to go that are cooler than the Phoenix area. So far this year, we've done a cruise of the Pacific Coast Hwy in California with our Corvette club (2200 miles round trip), Pagosa Springs, CO. for a week (about 2300 miles total), and just recently Lake Tahoe, CA for a Corvette event (1600 miles total).

Also, have made a couple of day trips, which my wife calls a "Day of Adventure". Normally they include a lunch or dinner, sometimes with other Corvette friends, sometimes just us. They normally run about 200-300 miles, with as much top down time as we can take.

We bought the 2003 Corvette Dec. 29, 2009 and it had 23,400 miles on it. As of last week, it has 34,300 on it! And it will have lots more miles on it over the "winter" here.

Ken Edney
Chandler, AZ :w

First, from someone living in Arizona... thank God summer is winding down.

Now we go back to living in the "Valley of the Sun", and not the "Surface of the Sun"!

Over the summer my wife and I find places to go that are cooler than the Phoenix area. So far this year, we've done a cruise of the Pacific Coast Hwy in California with our Corvette club (2200 miles round trip), Pagosa Springs, CO. for a week (about 2300 miles total), and just recently Lake Tahoe, CA for a Corvette event (1600 miles total).

Also, have made a couple of day trips, which my wife calls a "Day of Adventure". Normally they include a lunch or dinner, sometimes with other Corvette friends, sometimes just us. They normally run about 200-300 miles, with as much top down time as we can take.

We bought the 2003 Corvette Dec. 29, 2009 and it had 23,400 miles on it. As of last week, it has 34,300 on it! And it will have lots more miles on it over the "winter" here.

Ken Edney
Chandler, AZ :w

We have a time share there and love to go out there in August, when it is normally pretty hot in sw Kansas.

You bought a time share in Phoenix, in August!!!!

Now, that's a salesman.

You bought a time share in Phoenix, in August!!!!

Now, that's a salesman.

NOOOOOOOO.....Pagosa Springs.......;LOL Who the He77 would want to go to Pheonix in August?......That WOULD have to be one heck of a salesman.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom