Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SUN VISOR WARNING LABELS

GULFTANGO

Corvette
1997 FAIRWAY GREEN
Anyone know how to safely remove the "warning" labels from new sunvisors, without hurting the clothe?

Anyone know how to safely remove the "warning" labels from new sun visors, without hurting the clothe?
you guys must spend a lot of time looking at your sun visors as i have had 5 new corvettes since 1997 and i could not even tell you what is printed on the sun visors. the ones on my 2008 look like they are painted on not a seperate item

Some guy had some cool labels such as: "You are in a Corvette. Be prepared for the ride of your life. Buckle up." Too bad GM shut him down.

id say leave it.... i dont know where to get them but im sure a quick google search would answer it but if anything find one like was said in an earlier response like warning you to hold on or something. i was going to suggest the hair dryer thing as well but the only problem is you will still have the adhesive on the cloth no matter what, so instead of havong a nice lean looking warning sticker you have a lint and dust trap

id say leave it....

i was going to suggest the hair dryer thing as well but the only problem is you will still have the adhesive on the cloth no matter what, so instead of havong a nice lean looking warning sticker you have a lint and dust trap

I agree with Hotshotzny. Because installation of that label is a federal requirement to describe your SIR (airbag), they use a pretty powerful adhesive to keep it on there. You may be able to remove the label, but nothing you do will be entirely successful at removing the adhesive.

Funny thing about the labels is that car manufacturers put them there for a reason, it's the law. By doing this they limit the extent of their liability in case someone gets hurt, by removing them you assume that liability. I know this sounds like a joke but when you sell a car after removing the stickers and it gets into an accident you can be sucked into a law suit, it has happened in past. Besides it's like that dumb label on your pillow that says "do not remove under penalty of law", does anybody even notice it? You have a Corvette, there is so much more to admire about the car than a warning sticker nobody ever notices. Just my thought :w.

Mid America Motorworks sells a stick on cover for those decals (97-04 Sunvisor Label Covers #628857). I bought a set and when I went to install them I noticed that the decals easily came off. I pulled very slowly and they came off without any marks. I would recommend buying a set of the covers and trying to peel off the decals. If they leave a mark you can use the covers. If not, even better and you can store the covers away or give them to another Corvette owner!

Interior lables

you guys must spend a lot of time looking at your sun visors as i have had 5 new corvettes since 1997 and i could not even tell you what is printed on the sun visors

I am surprised that it would bother you, I have had a lot of cars over the years and I think they all had some kind of notice on the sunvisors. But their meant to be permanent, If it was me, I'd leave them alone!:confused

like those pesky mattress tags![/quote

I used to have a furniture/mattress store. People used to ask about that label. We told them when they remove it an alarm would sound and not stop untill the "Bedding Police" came to their home to disarm it. Some people reallly gave us the evil eye on that response.(lol)

If the guy wants to take the labels off, why tell him to leave them on? Seriously ladies and gentlemen, nothing, absolutely nothing will ever happen if you remove those ugly labels. They are ugly, and come off surprisingly easy. I have removed them from all seven Chevy's that I own, and there is no adhesive left over to attract dust or dirt. Now someone please report me so I can get arrested or sued. Give me a break.

I took mine off. I just slowly peeled them off. If you look closely, you can see some adhesive residue, but it is not sticky, and not very noticeable.

:chuckle this is almost laugh-a-ble :boogie

If a person wants to remove Stickers/Wheels/Hood Liner etc. and it's Their Car.. my opinion is how I treat the same with My Car. AND I paid for that choice when I Paid for My Car :rotfl

I find it :boogie that someone would Tell Me what to do with my car, and almost as :boogie that when I do what I want they could be offended :rotfl

Oh, and the stickers are still on "Abby" and don't bother me at all ;) But it drives my buddy 81 MAKO :W and we both get a good :boogie out of it..

Abby & RARE are almost pure stock ;LOL neither one has the "Original Oil or Oil Filter" :chuckle

( Sorry but to me it's funny, and my attempt at a little Humor too)

Bud

If the guy wants to take the labels off, why tell him to leave them on? Seriously ladies and gentlemen, nothing, absolutely nothing will ever happen if you remove those ugly labels. They are ugly, and come off surprisingly easy. I have removed them from all seven Chevy's that I own, and there is no adhesive left over to attract dust or dirt. Now someone please report me so I can get arrested or sued. Give me a break.

No one's going to turn you in, Pac Man.

I think the point of the cautionary admonitions here is that that sticker on the visor is put on because the federal government requires it to be put on. If you, as the purchaser of the car, decide to remove it, that is your choice.

The point is that if you do that, and then at some point in the future, sell the car, you potentially open yourself to liability. Let's face it, we live in a litigious society, and litigation is about allocating blame. If the car is ever involved in a serious accident, and the driver or passenger is injured, lawyers are going to go looking to find someone to hold accountable.

All I'm saying is weigh the risk. If you think the risk is minimal, go for it.

Patrick, I completely understand that we live in a ridiculously litigious society. And I understand the point you are making. The point that I wanted to convey was that it will never happen. You will never get sued for taking the labels off. No one will even notice that they are gone. I'm sorry but this thread is comical.

my question is.. why remove them.... who are they really bothering? the big giant warning label they put under the fuel filler cap on my motorcycle..... that was annoying and had to go. a sticker on a sun visor... i could care less and i dont see the worth in taking it off. i doubt anyone is going to notice, i dont think its going to be a deal breaker when you go to sell it (unless it does what i think is gonna happen and ends up looking like you kept a momento from the brazilian waxing palace under your sun visor) but if you dnt like it take it off, we all have our little things that bother us for whatever reason and thats what makes us unique. if you people knew half my little quirks you would spend the next hour laughing hysterically im sure!

and by the way happy new year everyone
drive safe

Patrick, I completely understand that we live in a ridiculously litigious society. And I understand the point you are making. The point that I wanted to convey was that it will never happen. You will never get sued for taking the labels off.

I would replace "will never" with "might never." It might never happen. You might never get sued for taking the labels off.

No one will even notice that they are gone. I'm sorry but this thread is comical.

I dunno. Some product liability or personal injury lawyer, hired by the family of someone killed in an automobile accident, has an inspection of the vehicle wreckage conducted and finds that the sticker indicating proper functioning of the SIR was removed. All that's left is for the lawyer to build a convincing argument in court that the removal of that sticker was a contributing factor, not in the accident itself, but in the death of the driver or passenger.

Hey, if an elderly woman can sue McDonald's because she spilled hot coffee on herself in her car, and win a judgement of millions, my scenario isn't all that far fetched.

It is pointless to argue this, your car = your choice. No one ever said you could not or should not do it, just opened my big mouth with a thought. As for "it never happened" that argument is very incorrect. There were numerous law suits for wrongful death involving seat restraint system and lock of proper warning labels. Outcome of which lead to developing SIR airbag system and passenger airbag disconnect switch for small children to name few. These suits got attention of federal government which mandated into law that appropriate warning must be made to end user exposing the risks involved by operating vehicle equipped with these devices. I'm not going to bore anyone with particular cases, really there is no point in doing so, as Patric have so eloquently said "Weigh the risk. If you think the risk is minimal, go for it." :thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom