Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Super Chevy Show, I'm back + I WON

Corvette
63 Resto Coupe-Red 65 Roadster
A Great show, met up with some GREAT PEOPLE, and had an excellent six hour drive down to the Epping show. Only had to use the AC during the last hour or so, and the cars ran beautifully there and back.

Before going any further, I would like to use this occasion to once again thank my friend " Rich Lagasse " for his help and kindness, in helping out with my transportation problems during the show. He hauled me and my "go-for" :W along with our baggage to the hotel, back and forth during the three days of the show, so that we could leave our cars parked safely on the show field. Thanks again Rich, I really appreciated it.

When all was said and done, I ended up being the #1 winner in the Corvette class in which I had been entered, and was awarded a plaque, along with a beautiful " Chevy Show " Jacket,,,,, Yip-Pee , for my troubles.
:blue:

Our fellow Forum member Rich Lagasse, and his beautiful and most gracious wife " Barbara " also did very well with their beautiful 62 Corvette. They won trophy's in no less then three different categories " although I am convinced they earned, and should have received a fourth one ". However it's ultimately the judges decision, and although we do not always agree with their choices, it shows us once again that the recognition does not necessarily go to those who deserves it the most.

Here is a brief description, along with a few photographs that were taken over the weekend.

For starters you have a shot of the " Canadian Connection ", a contingency of Corvettes from the great white North.

The next two photos are of my Corvette, and how it was presented to the judges as they went over my car, during the two judging days.

The next, is a picture of me, as we were getting ready to leave the Show for the drive home. I am wearing my new jacket, :D and showing off my ' Winner's " plaque.

The last shot lives up to the, " all good things must come to an end " , as it shows the view through my front window, as we got into the cars for the drive home. But hey! this is what " Rain-X" is for so, maby I should rub some over the whole car. :L

show0.JPG

show1.JPG

show2.JPG

show3.JPG

show4.JPG

Stepinwolf

Congratulations and thank you for the pictures. You have a very nice vette.

Doug

CONGRADULATIONS!!!!
And isnt she a pretty one! She deserved it.
Teresa

hey Step
congrats on your first place win! :beer

great pics of what looks like a very nice show.

sounds like "the boys from Canada" had a great weekend (Bob and Paul).

Barry

PS: Bob, I met Rich last year at Carlisle and he truely is a gentleman and just an overall nice guy. He was kind enough to take a few minutes from his busy day under the Meguirs booth and talk with this old idiot (ME) and tell me about his car that I was drooling over.

Congratulations. An award well-deserved! That is one heck of a nice Corvette. And the journey was without incident which is always a blessing.

Is the BB front licence plate bracket for cooling reasons?

paul67 said:
Congratulations. An award well-deserved! That is one heck of a nice Corvette. And the journey was without incident which is always a blessing.

Is the BB front licence plate bracket for cooling reasons?

Thank's Paul, and also to all other who have so far responded with their gracious comments, and kind words regarding my car. They are really appreciated, and I must ad, I am humbled by the attention the post is receiving.

As far as the licence bracket, and it's relocation, I must confess that the credit should go to the " General" and not to me. Starting in 67, Corvette's with certain options including big block's and on cars with air conditioning, the licence plate bracket was relocated to the LH main bumper brace and bolted in place with a few small 7/16" zinc plated bolts. This was to improve the airflow through the radiator.

Well you know what, why can't this same setup be used on all our cars. Every second Corvette person with whom we speak, complains about the high operation temperature their cars have. Why not improve the radiator's performance by helping to increase it's flow of colder, fresh air. If you measure the cooling surface of the fins, and the size of the licence plate, you will see that the licence plate occupies almost 25% of the total cooling surface of the radiator. Real smart,,,,,

My car, along with the 66 BB that is shown in the photos both have AC, so I made up the necessary brackets, and installed both, as per 67 NCRS judging manual specs. Both of the cars can cruise all day with the air running, and can keep the temperature below 180', so I guess the idea was not so bad after all. Besides it gives a special little different look to the frontal area. Hope you like it.

regards

Stepinwolf

Yes, I certainly like it. And it makes sense.

My car runs at a pretty constant 180 even with the heat we have been having recently. But I was thinking of adding A/C for 2006 and that will mean the Powerglide fluid cooler, A/C condenser, and the radiator upfront. That will require a lot of airflow! Perhaps that combination is not even doable but relocation of the licence plate might make it so.

BarryK said:
hey Step
congrats on your first place win! :beer

great pics of what looks like a very nice show.

sounds like "the boys from Canada" had a great weekend (Bob and Paul).

Barry

PS: Bob, I met Rich last year at Carlisle and he truly is a gentleman and just an overall nice guy. He was kind enough to take a few minutes from his busy day under the Meguirs booth and talk with this old idiot (ME) and tell me about his car that I was drooling over.

I must emphasize the use of your words to describe Rich as " truly is a gentleman ", I couldn't have said it any better myself,

Stepinwolf

Congratulations! It really is nice to see you guys getting more public recognition and exposure for all your efforts and hard work. These quality cars are destined to be appreciated and seen by as many as possible, so thanks so very much for the great pics and congrats again as it was a long trip for you and we're glad you had a safe trip there and home again. See you at Carlisle!

A big Congrats that a pretty prestigous show to win in.

You must be very proud and duley deserving of it.i have said it before your car is striking to look at.

As for Rich and his wife.I consider Rich like the ambasador of corvettes.

Well deserved from every pic you have posted and what you have described that you have done on the car. CONGRATS!! Nice to hear you guys had an uneventful long haul to the show.. There is something to be said for that... And rain.. I look at it as just part of life that eventually if you drive them far enough from home they will get wet.. Just ask my wife about our cruise to Myrtle Beach this past June....

Congratulations, Robert - your car looks terrific, and the trophy was well-deserved! :)
:beer

JohnZ said:
Congratulations, Robert - your car looks terrific, and the trophy was well-deserved! :)

Couldn't Have said it any better then the above... Well Put John..... And Congrats To Rich & Barbara...Looks like a good time was had by all....

Cograts. You deserve it. She is a prety car and the wheels make her a stavdout.

6 Shooter said:
who's that dude holding the award/trophy?

I would like to say that ugly guy is my " go-for ", but in reality it's only little old me. Although the use of the word little, might be pushing things a bit here.

Thank's again to all who have taken the time to respond with their compliments, and kind words,

I do appreaciate you all, so lets all get together some day for a big hug :grouphug:

Stepinwolf

Beautiful Vette

Congrats on the 1st place win. It's always a pleasure to look at beautiful Vettes. It looks like it was a "well deserved" trophy.

Dennis

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom