Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

SuperCharger is in my 2002 ZO6--pics

J

Jeff Nation

Just found this site--awesome I must say. We (SpeedWorks in TX) & I have successfully installed a D1-SC ATI ProCharger in my 2002 Electron Blue ZO6. The car was running around 350rwhp bone stock. Last week it dynoed 634.9rwhp.
dyno23small.jpg

sideshot.jpg

This car was powerful before but now it is REALLY fun to drive.
I have done a site of all the mods with pics.
http://www.chantalray.homestead.com/z06.html

Be sure to check out the new stereo too!

Is anyone going to the ZO6FEST in Bowling Green in September?

Regards, Jeff Nation

WoW!!

All I can say is you certainly have earned the "Bragging Rights" to this one..

May you have many miles of fun!!

By the way.. welcome to the best web site there is for Vettes

I love your car!! Things are tough in Texas!! :beer

P.S. You may get in trouble with the size of your pics posted!! Just a heads up!

That is one serious machine!! How do you keep it planted on the ground??? :D:D

Jay

Few more shots
vortex7.JPG

lowpipes.JPG

camOUT.jpg

The second pic is showing how low the twin intercooler pipes are. The third is when we replaced the cam. People thought I was nuts doing this to a new Z. So much for the warranty!

Jeff,

How many hours of work did that supercharger take to install?

I see that you have a Basani exhaust. Just curious, what did you ever do with the titanium exhaust? Did you sell it to cover some of the costs?

How audible is the supercharger?

BullWinkle said:
Jeff,

How many hours of work did that supercharger take to install?

I see that you have a Basani exhaust. Just curious, what did you ever do with the titanium exhaust? Did you sell it to cover some of the costs?

How audible is the supercharger?

This SC was very tedious. This was the first time a D1-SC (most have P1-SC) ProCharger was put on a 2002 Z. The install started in late January and we are still tweeking the engine. TComputer tuning the car on a dyno is best. Mounting brackets had to be remilled, once everything was done we realized we needed to pin the crank, etc. I did have a heads and cam job at the same time. We had to do a lot of R&D to make things work.

I sold my Ti exhaust--not really to cover costs but to get it out of my garage.

The SC is LOUD! The D1-SC is a bigger unit and can push a lot of boost. When I am in boost and decelerate, the back-pressure valve releases all the boost pressure and makes a big noise. Sounds pretty cool.

Awesome!

Jeff - Those are great numbers. It seems like most of the killer Vettes live in Texas.

Did you drop the compression on the motor for the SC? How many PSI of boost are you actually making? Were your runs on pump gas? (Even more awesome if so.) Also, real curious as to how much a setup like that costs... parts and labor. (If you don't want to post it here I'd really appreciate if you could email me with a few details.)

Enjoy the car! That's one cool ride. :beer

Re: Awesome!

90Callaway said:
Jeff - Those are great numbers. It seems like most of the killer Vettes live in Texas.

Did you drop the compression on the motor for the SC? How many PSI of boost are you running? Also, real curious as to how much a setup like that costs... parts and labor. (If you don't want to post it here I'd really appreciate if you could email me with a few details.)

Enjoy the car! That's one cool ride. :beer

I just moved to Texas and learned that there are a lot of sleeper hotrods out here.

I dropped the CR to 9.7:1 by getting the heads ported. I am running 10# maximum. It doesn't enter boost until around 3500rpm.

My car is getting written up in "Chevy High-Performance" and "Corvette Fever" magazines and the speedshop gave me a great deal in trade for free press.

The SC alone costs around 6K.
I got the heads and cam job cheap! $1,500

I know that other guys out there are paying 12K installed.

Wow, that must be one awsome Vette. I bet you really enjoy driving it. It probably surprizes a lot of people when you hit the pedel.

Question

Hi Jeff,
Please tell me that the RWHP you quote is a misprint or that you have lowered the compression and rebuilt your motor.

Test have shown that the transmission can handle power up to 460hp/460 bs-torque. This is according to GM tech. The stock motor under normal to heavy loads can stay together up to the 500hp-545hp net in stock form. This is according to tests done by Lingenfelters group.

No matter what the case be careful!

Good luck

Jeff,

Quickie question if ya dont mind. Did your 19 & 20" hre/pzero's combo chg your speedo calabration and if so how much. ??

Thx.......

Question
Hi Jeff,
Please tell me that the RWHP you quote is a misprint or that you have lowered the compression and rebuilt your motor.

Test have shown that the transmission can handle power up to 460hp/460 bs-torque. This is according to GM tech. The stock motor under normal to heavy loads can stay together up to the 500hp-545hp net in stock form. This is according to tests done by Lingenfelters group.

No matter what the case be careful!

Good luck

ANSWER:

I have lowered the compression from the stock 10.5:1 to 9.7:1.
As far as rebuilding the motor......I have the same pistons, block, and bottom end. I have a new cam, ported heads, new injectors, plugs, etc....all can be seen in my sig.

I expect the clutch to burn out. I expect to replace the Perilli's often. This car has been an R&D project from the beginning. I have put over 25K in mods so far. So if something breaks, burns out or detonates. I will rebuild it. That is my motto.

I will learn from my mistakes and build a fast, sturdy Vet that will kill most turbos, 427's and stroked motors.

My goal is to be able to have a car that can be a monster and still be drivable enough to pick up a gallon of milk down the street.

-Jeff Nation

Re: Jeff,

IMA Z06 said:
Quickie question if ya dont mind. Did your 19 & 20" hre/pzero's combo chg your speedo calabration and if so how much. ??

Thx.......

Many of my fellow Z owners said that I am asking for trouble by doing this.

I did increase the size of the rims but I DECREASED the sidewall of the tire. Low profile Pirelli's are not near the size of the supercar tires that come stock. Therefore after careful measuring, we found that I increased the circumfrence of the rubber by 11%.

I will eventually do a new speedo calibration, but first we are concerned with the performance of the engine. 11% is substantial when you are "riding the fence of legality".

Something doesn't make sense to me here.......what is the RWHP vs. HP at the Flywheel????

Those RWHP numbers you're getting are after figuring in inherent driveline loss?

Just for verification......the block is still the stock block from the factory?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom