Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Supercharging a ZR-1

• Thread starter Thread starter SportScortZx2
  • Start date Start date
S

SportScortZx2

Are there any supercharger kits available for the ZR-1. If so, how much are they and where can I get one. If not how would you go about supercharging one? Any precautions or hints would be great, thanks!

Can it be done, yes. Has it been done, no. Can you do it? If you do you will become a rich man.

Supercharging The Mighty Koth Zr-1

Yep We Have All Been Waiting For The Supercharged Zr-1 .... The Prob.is The Intake And Injection Arrangement With The Special Design...a Lot Of Zr-1's Have Gone The Route Of Tt~~~~twin Turbo's...go To The Zr-1 Net And Lt-5 Registry Forums To See Many Comments On The Tt Route...HERE ARE SOME PHOTOS OF THE TWIN TURBO

How is the intake and injection arangement a problem?

just curious who does the TT conversions?

LPE has done them, Callaway has done them, Mallett has, and now SGC.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
LPE has done them, Callaway has done them, Mallett has, and now SGC.

Let's make sure we understand the differences in superchargers.

I'm unaware of anyone who's fitted a centrifugal (ATI Procharger, Vortech, etc) to a ZR1. Also, I don't think anyone's done a Roots blown ZR-1 either...at least not with the LT5 engine in car with a hood you can close.

There have been several turbosupercharged LT5s, all done by the tuners listed in the quote.

90 Corvette ZR-1 said:
I am well aware of the differences. I was responding to this post
to clarify further, none of the tuners with the exception of SGC are doing any more TT zr1s. lots of people have talked about a supercharged zr1, and with some major fabrication, it's feasible, but very costly.

SGC is working on a prototype TT ZR1, and based on how that goes, they will have some more reasonably priced TTs.

the callaway and mallet TT ZR1s were VERY expensive, in comparison, LPE TT ZR1 started at 54k

hopefully soon we'll see what SGC can create. details to follow!!!

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom