Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Swapping to ZO6 Exhaust

lov-n-life

Corvette
2004 Commemorative Coupe
I found what I believe to be a pretty good deal on a ZO6 cat-back system, however before I commit, I wanted to hear from anyone else who has installed a ZO6 cat-back exhaust onto a stock coupe exhaust. Are there any issues I need to look out for? Modifications to either system before they will bolt up, or is it a straight bolt on? Thanks for any info! :upthumbs

Ok, even if haven't done this swap yet and have some information to add... feel free to do so! Thanks

Easy bolt up, I did mine , but bought 2 new gaskets, good luck, Jim.

They bolt right up, but buy new gaskets, good luck, Jim.

Straight bolt on. I did it, am extremely happy with new sound and better look. Its easy - takes about 1 hours, just have to get the car up in the air (+3 ft). From other posts, muffler shops don't charge much. Its just 4 bolts and a couple of hangers. You do have to unbolt (but not remove) the rear sway bar.

Hi good people this is lg78vette . I would like some advice on a similer matter.I HAVE A 98 torch red coupe. My plan is to put on random tech long tube headers x pipe and hi flow cats.I may have achance to get zo6 mufflers at areal good price is this the best set up or should i go with somthing else like corsa orslps loudmouth ?I have ablack wing and acarbon fiber air duck only performance mods so far.

I have had a Z06 catback on my '02 coupe since 1000 miles - now have 38,000. It is lighter, has a better sound, fits up perfectly (had the dealer install mine) and I feel a little power gain. Worth the $400.00 I paid, beyond a doubt. Make sure the exhaust is whole - not cut! Ti welding is not for amateurs. It takes a lift to remove and install a coupe catback - a little more trouble on the passenger side of an A4.

Go for it!:D

Lee

Thanks for the replys.I called an old corvette friend of mine and just boughtthe zo6 exhaust .I GOT IT FOR 350.Good to have corvette friends.He is bringing it over S aturday although we are expecting a snow storm.Should be a nice winter project.What do you think?

Just installed my Z06 echaust!

Yesterday morning I dropped off my car at the local Chevy dealer, Gwatney Chevrolet in Jacksonville, Ar. By mid-afternoon the service bulletins were done, the leaky tire was fixed and my new (to me, bought on Ebay for $350) Z06 exhaust was installed! I've very happy with it. I don't think I'm getting any more horsepower from it, but that isn't why I bought it. I went with the Z exhaust for the larger tips and throaty growl without it being overly borish and loud. This is, after all, my daily driver. The tone with the windows down and under throttle is great, but with the windows up and cruising on the highway, it is hardly even noticable. In fact, it might even be a bit quieter at cruise than my stock exhaust was! Very subtle change and exactly what I was looking for!

Considering that you'd probably pay close to $1000 for the Borla and Corsa units out there, $350 for a titanium exhaust system that is extremely light weight and flows exceptionally well is one heckuva deal!:D

lov-n-life said:
Yesterday morning I dropped off my car at the local Chevy dealer, Gwatney Chevrolet in Jacksonville, Ar. By mid-afternoon the service bulletins were done, the leaky tire was fixed and my new (to me, bought on Ebay for $350) Z06 exhaust was installed! I've very happy with it. I don't think I'm getting any more horsepower from it, but that isn't why I bought it. I went with the Z exhaust for the larger tips and throaty growl without it being overly borish and loud. This is, after all, my daily driver. The tone with the windows down and under throttle is great, but with the windows up and cruising on the highway, it is hardly even noticable. In fact, it might even be a bit quieter at cruise than my stock exhaust was! Very subtle change and exactly what I was looking for!

:beer

That's pretty much how I feel about mine.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom