Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! System charge fault

Vettepirate

Corvette
2002 Blue z06
Hey guys. I'll start by saying that I have the recommended PS battery from Delco for the 2002 installed. It has lasted me 3 years but It seems that it is already running weak. Once, I was rolling along and got the "System Charge Fault" message. I'm also getting the column lock problem every time I start my car. My 4-ways and LR flashers also sometimes fail.

I will be buying the same Delco battery, unless I should go with something else that has a better reserve capacity? In any event, I'm wondering if my problem might be a corroded ground or a bad connection somewhere in the alternator circuit? I'm a bit confused. I may be taking another 10.000km drive in the near future, so fixing my battery problem might be a good idea.

Hey guys. I'll start by saying that I have the recommended PS battery from Delco for the 2002 installed. It has lasted me 3 years but It seems that it is already running weak. Once, I was rolling along and got the "System Charge Fault" message. I'm also getting the column lock problem every time I start my car. My 4-ways and LR flashers also sometimes fail.

That you're getting that fault when the engine is running may point at a problem with something other than the battery

I will be buying the same Delco battery, unless I should go with something else that has a better reserve capacity? In any event, I'm wondering if my problem might be a corroded ground or a bad connection somewhere in the alternator circuit?

Wouldn't hurt to inspect those items.

Last edited:
HI there,

Also, make sure your battery terminal bolts are not oxidized and the terminals themselves are clean and torque to 11 ft lbs.

ANY oxidation on the terminal ends can create massive electrical system issues over time.

Allthebest, Paul

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom