Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T- handle shifter-4 Speed

S

SARGE81

Hey all!
Does anyone know of a company or place that makes a T- handle or the whole T- handle shifter (4 speed) that would bolt into place on a C3 vette?
I'm looking to convert my '81. It's a personal preference thing. For me, a T-handle is more comfortable for both shifting and resting my hand on while cruz'n.
I looked into modifiying a Hurst T- handle, but there isn't enough material to drill and tap and so on and so forth. I don't want it to look like a "butcher job," if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
;help Sarge

S

SARGE81

Thanks topless,
But the problem I'm running into is that the threaded part of the stick is 14mm x 1.5 thread pitch. The adaptors are SAE thread. And the thread depth is greater than the T- handle thickness itself. And I would have to groove out a relief for the "reverse lockout" mechanism...and there is not enough material to do that. So that leaves me stuck on my idea with no resolve.

R

RalleyRed

Darrel,

I'm almost positive Eklers sells what your looking for, either a Hurst or a reproduction.
I'll try to find it later today.

Rick

Almost forgot,, they say it isn't a good idea to rest your hand on the shifter. You should shift and then return your right hand to your wife or girlfriend ( whichever is with you at the time )

S

SARGE81

Thanks Rick,
And the right hand would be for the girlfriend.....marriage ain't in my vocabulary. lol. :L

And for topless82....that thought has crossed my devious little mind. lol. :J
Thanks for the input, Sarge aka Darryl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Parts/Accessories:

Vetteskins

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Partners

Top Bottom