Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T- handle shifter-4 Speed

S

SARGE81

Hey all!
Does anyone know of a company or place that makes a T- handle or the whole T- handle shifter (4 speed) that would bolt into place on a C3 vette?
I'm looking to convert my '81. It's a personal preference thing. For me, a T-handle is more comfortable for both shifting and resting my hand on while cruz'n.
I looked into modifiying a Hurst T- handle, but there isn't enough material to drill and tap and so on and so forth. I don't want it to look like a "butcher job," if you know what I mean. Thanks in advance for any help or advice.
;help Sarge

Thanks topless,
But the problem I'm running into is that the threaded part of the stick is 14mm x 1.5 thread pitch. The adaptors are SAE thread. And the thread depth is greater than the T- handle thickness itself. And I would have to groove out a relief for the "reverse lockout" mechanism...and there is not enough material to do that. So that leaves me stuck on my idea with no resolve.

Darrel,

I'm almost positive Eklers sells what your looking for, either a Hurst or a reproduction.
I'll try to find it later today.

Rick

Almost forgot,, they say it isn't a good idea to rest your hand on the shifter. You should shift and then return your right hand to your wife or girlfriend ( whichever is with you at the time )

Thanks Rick,
And the right hand would be for the girlfriend.....marriage ain't in my vocabulary. lol. :L

And for topless82....that thought has crossed my devious little mind. lol. :J
Thanks for the input, Sarge aka Darryl

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom