Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

T Top stiffening???

N

newonad

Building up a 383 that will produce approx. 475-500 hp and 500-525 ft lbs tq that will see occasional drag use (Will add a 150-200 nitrous kit after I get suspension dialed in). Do I need to be concerned about flexing because of the T top? If so, what are some reasonable steps to prevent this? Want the power but I dont want to destroy the car having fun!

I have seen support bracing for this in either Ecklers or MAD but I think it was on the C4 targa. May want to check with either of them for a C3.
Sounds like one hell of a ride.:_rock

With that kind of power, you will pretty much be required to run some saftey equipment that may include a mild bar (at least a drive shaft loop, because you should see 11 second blasts with that.

As far as making it more stiff, good luck without building an entire cage. The C3 frame is very weak and the body just kind of sits on top. The body actually adds rigidity to the frame by triangulating it in the center to rear.

Jeggs sells a nice little C3 T top roll bar unit (four point) for around $300. I think you should consider that and just have fun.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom