Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Question: T Top

M

MikeLT4

My 96 has some deterioration on the plexiglass ? or polycarb top.

I called a company that specializes in cleaners, but I didn't know the material used in the top.

Does anyone know if it is glass or polycarb? Is it a fixable problem?

It is cloudy and dull in spots.

Thanks

Mike

It should be arcylic and I used Mequriers Headlight kit on mine cleaned it up nicely. This does not removed the coating on the top however. Mine crazed long ago and I am going to wet sand and rebuff this winter for perfect targa top.

It should be arcylic and I used Mequriers Headlight kit on mine cleaned it up nicely. This does not removed the coating on the top however. Mine crazed long ago and I am going to wet sand and rebuff this winter for perfect targa top.

Do you have a method in mind for the wet sand and buffing procedure? I'd like to know the grits you intend to use as well as the polishing method and tools you use.

Thanks,
Steven

I intend to start with 1500 grit and then progress to 2000 grit. Then just use the Mequires PlasticX with the buff pad found in the Headlight kit to make it nearly perfect. This is my winter project so I'm not doing it just quite yet will post when I start and finish it. I figure I cannot make it look worse so what do I have to lose.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom