Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tach Issue

jimmers

Corvette
1990 Red Coupe 6 speed
Like the majority of you with a 90 my tach doesn't work. It reads alot higher then it actually is. My oil pressure guage also doesnt work.

So I bought a cluster from a member to swap out thinking it would fix my problem but it didn't. The weird thing is that on the new cluster my tach doesnt work at all, and my oil pressure guage still doesnt work.
I thought maybe it could be the wire from the distributor to the dash, so I ran a new one. The tach still reads way to high. I tried a new ground, but that didn't work either. I've tried with and without the tach filter but it doesn't make a difference. I figure both clusters can't be bad because they both don't work, so it must be a wiring issue. I've swapped mainboards and tachs but still nothing. Does anyone have any insight on this? I would greatly appreciate any help! Anything I'm missing? I don't think I need to have my cluster rebuilt.​

I just bought a 90 convertible, and I noticed that the tac seems to be reading on the high side also. I thought it was hitting 6 grand pretty easy. I kindof thought the tac could be off but didn't know. Now that you mention it, I think my tac is off also. But I don't have any advise for you. But its ineresting that it's a common trat to these cars.

I just bought a 90 convertible, and I noticed that the tac seems to be reading on the high side also. I thought it was hitting 6 grand pretty easy. I kindof thought the tac could be off but didn't know. Now that you mention it, I think my tac is off also. But I don't have any advise for you. But its ineresting that it's a common trat to these cars.

It's a very common problem among the 90's.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom