Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Tail lights and DRL wont turn off when car is off and keys are out

Yes you're right

It wasn't a video now that you mention it, it was a thread but with pictures you could actually see what mattered unlike most videos I saw were worthless. It seemed like a video as you walked through the steps with accurate and descriptive captions in pictures you could explode. Again thanks so much with your help its enjoyable to work on my baby!

All my writeup's are that way. Someone once commented that all they are missing is the Barney the dinosaur music. lol!

I hate Barney!

Barney makes me violent:) but it takes what it takes so many videos start with some "mechanic" saying with my XX years experience I'm going to.... And no not only does it not show you the job is done and how but with steps that are not even required and a more difficult route with skipped steps and wrong tools etc. hope your around when I start the next phase and thanks again very much!!

Ok just saw bump stop post

Thanks again and no worries I'm 49 this is my 14th vette had a '67 427 tri power conv at the prom no wrecks no tickets. I read a lot to determine the yaw rate sensor but will double check, I bought one from a friend for $20 so thought it was worth a shot. I've managed to guess right 100% of the time so far with y'all's help well 9 out of 10 I have a stalk I didn't have to use thanks to your bulb trick BUT I imagine I'll need it before long on this C5.

There are problems that you are going to have that ALL C5 owners eventually experience, regardless of how much or how little you drive the car. One that you will experience is the Engine Oil Pressure Sensor going south. Although it looks like a extensive repair, it's actually a very simple one. I did a writeup on that too with a ton of pictures.

oil presure switch

Yes how'd you know! Mine has been pegged out for about two years and I had heard it was a big job so put it off but will look at your thread now and get it after I finish the headlights and traction control issues.

The reason it seems like a big job in my writeup is because I take so many pictures for clarity. Once you've done it, it isn't bad at all. I'll tell you what was a big job, head gaskets. You have to take a LOT of stuff off the engine to get to them. I couldn't believe that I eben did it since I have no experience working on cars but I sure wasn't going to pay a dealer $4000 in labor cost.

head_gasket_repair36.jpg

head_gasket_repair44.jpg

holy barried cat terd Batman!

Why did they bury that puppy in there. Hmmm I am kinda used to it being pegged but I will do it just so I can say "everything works" for a week or two or am I just asking for trouble if I do this?

how to replace the yaw rate sensor

Is there a DIY thread for this? This is my next job.

Concern going back in with headlight assy

Hey Junkman!:) I am going back in with headlamp assy and concerned I have the arm on wrong cant really tell how it goes even in my pictures hmmm I will look at yours again and see if I can tell how it goes back on the gear / motor nut I mean what position the arm goes back on...

Just look at the other headlight. That's why I always tell people to never take both apart at the same time. You can always look at the one that works for a guide.

You're the MAN!!

As always that was the ticket! Man I do wish you were closer couple of Texas Steak dinners 4U IOU MAN!
You're GOOOOOOD!!!

Thanks again,
Mike

Watch out... I have friends in Texas that I plan to visit this year and I LOVE beef! Just brought 4 filets inside off the grill! :D

Cool Give me a shout when you get here!

I live in the DFW area and weekend on my boat(s) on Lake Texoma and in Port Aransas so I am all over the place call when you come in 817-657-4115. Just test drove and all good love turning off my headlights without a grind moan and 1 popping back up LOVE IT! Just pulled codes 28TCS (2 codes) C1287H, C1288. A1 RDCM (1 code) B2265H. A6SCM (1 code) B2600. BORFA (1 code) C2100H. Runs great, I wonder what all this stuff means hmm where is the scratching my head icon:)!!

I live in the DFW area and weekend on my boat(s) on Lake Texoma and in Port Aransas so I am all over the place call when you come in 817-657-4115. Just test drove and all good love turning off my headlights without a grind moan and 1 popping back up LOVE IT! Just pulled codes 28TCS (2 codes) C1287H, C1288. A1 RDCM (1 code) B2265H. A6SCM (1 code) B2600. BORFA (1 code) C2100H. Runs great, I wonder what all this stuff means hmm where is the scratching my head icon:)!!

The DTC's (Diagnostic Trouble Codes with a "H" behind them mean that they are history or the issue is no longer present. The DTC's with a "C" behind them are currently active issues.

28 TCS (Traction Control System)

C1287 & 1288:

Circuit Description

The vehicle stability enhancement system (VSES) is activated by the electronic brake control mdoule (EBCM) calculating the desired yaw rate and comparing it to the actual yaw rate input. The desired yaw rate is calculated from measured steering wheel position, vehicle speed, and lateral acceleration. The difference between the desired yaw rate and actual yaw rate is the yaw rate error, which is a measurement of oversteer or understeer. If the yaw rate error becomes too large, the EBCM will attempt to correct the vehicle's yaw motion by applying differential braking to the left or right front wheel.

The amount of differential braking applied to the left or right front wheel is based on both the yaw rate error and side slip rate error. The side slip rate error is a function of the lateral acceleration minus the product of the yaw rate and vehicle speed. The yaw rate error and side slip rate error are combined to produce the total delta velocity error. When the delta velocity error becomes too large and the VSES system activates, the drivers steering inputs combined with the differential braking will attempt to bring the delta velocity error toward zero.

The VSES activations generally occur during aggressive driving, in the turns or bumpy roads without much use of the accelerator pedal. When braking during VSES activation, the brake pedal will feel different than the ABS pedal pulsation. The brake pedal pulsates at a higher frequency during VSES activation.

Conditions for Setting the DTC

One of the following conditions exists:

• The steering wheel position sensor is synchronized and the steer rate (speed that the steering wheel appears to be turning) is greater than 1100 degrees/second.

• The steer rate is less than 80 degrees/second and the difference in the phase angle between Phase A and Phase B is greater than 20 degrees.

• The 2 steering sensor signals (Phase A and Phase B) do not agree for 1 second. Under this condition, this DTC will set along with DTC C1281.

A1 RDCM: (Right Door Control Module)

B2265 - B2265:

Circuit Description

The driver door module (DDM) and the passenger door module (PDM) receive mirror position signals from the mirror horizontal and vertical position sensors. These signals are used by the door modules for mem
ory recall functions of the driver and passenger mirrors. The door modules command the mirror memory settings based upon the voltage level received back from the position sensors. Each door module provides a 5 volt supply, a signal and a ground circuit for each of the position sensors. The horizontal and vertical position sensors are variable resistors that the door modules monitor voltage levels across. When a memory setting is recalled, the door modules command the mirror motors in the appropriate directions until the stored position sensor voltage levels are achieved. The DDM and PDM monitor the signal circuits to determine if the voltage level is out of range. If the DDM or PDM detects a voltage level out of range for greater than 2 seconds, a DTC is set.

• The DDM or PDM detects a mirror position sensor signal voltage range under 0.1 volts or over 4.78 volts.

• Condition must be present for greater than 2 seconds.

A6 SCM (Seat Control Module)

B2600:

Circuit Description

The seat adjuster motors are controlled by the memory seat module through the adjuster motor control circuits. In an inactive state the adjuster motor control circuits are grounded through switch contacts within the memory seat module. Adjuster motor operation occurs when the memory seat module switches one of the adjuster motor control circuits to battery voltage. The direction of the adjuster motor rotation is determined by which of the control circuits is switched to battery positive and which remains grounded.

• The memory seat module detects voltage on an adjuster motor control circuit while no output function is active.

• The condition must be present for 2 seconds.

BO RFA (Remote Function Actuation)

C2100, C2105, C2110, C2115, C2120, or C2121:

Circuit Description

The tire pressure monitor (TPM) system has 4 radio frequency (RF) transmitting pressure sensors in each wheel/tire assembly. As vehicle speed increases above 32 km/h (20 mph) the sensors internal roll switch closes which puts the sensor into drive mode. In this mode the sensors begin to transmit once every 60 seconds to the remote control door lock receiver (RCDLR). The data within this RF transmission is translated by the RCDLR into sensor presence, sensor mode, and tire pressure. The RCDLR waits for the first sensor to go into drive mode then checks if all sensors have gone into drive mode.

Any given sensor does not go into drive mode, or does not transmit at all for 15 minutes.

Now you know. ;)

Damn Junkman! lol

Ok well the only one that bothers me is the 1288/1287H as I have to drive with the traction control off other wise when I get just a short distance down the road (less than a 1/4 mile) at slow speed (30ish) on flat smooth road the active handling kicks in makes a noise and car jerks left its annoying as hell so I always turn off traction control and hit reset a few times to make the SAH message go away and I have been doing that for like four years as my car runs and drives great with the traction control disengaged although I would like to fix it and have it functioning properly, but it's not worth 100's of dollars to me not to have to push the button and I don't need traction control or active handling to be honest but I did pick up a yaw rate sensor and would love to find a thread I once saw on checking all the grounds and steering sensor connectors and know how to replace this yaw rate sensor as I have an odd feeling that is it, I think its under the console somewhere, have you had to do one of these yet?

Remember what I told you way back a few post ago? You need to contact ABSFixer and discuss this issue with him He can tell you what the problem is and how to get it fixed. What you are thinking is the problem is most likely NOT the problem. He is your very first stop, unless you have a Tech II and the GM service Manual.

Ok will do

I will contact him in the morning, thanks again!:)

Called him

Hey- Called him talked to Brandon I think he said his name was, he told me he did not think it was a EBCM issue check SWS, I jiggled it and checked for firm seating and cleared codes, with in a 1/4 mile straight flat active handling kicks in and service soon comes on display and swirving vette symbol lights back up and stay illuminated every 100' or so it kicks in and pulls until I turn off traction control service soon keeps popping up active handling... 1287 HC comes back. My car is an 01 6 speed with tilt/telescopic. have not have alignment, brake, steering issues. Only time into the dealership for me was on an out of town trip I had the killer service column lock kill strand me out of town so had it towed to the dealership $800 + tow and hotel x 2 nights I was back on the road. I know there is a bypass but I was on the road with out tools/shop no local shops were interested in the remote city I was in at the Texas coast. I'd like to fix this issue. I have a yaw rate sensor and I hear the SWS is not too expensive
what do you think?

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom