Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tail lights out on 65

Corvette
1965 white coupe 383 stroker, 405HP, 440TQ, TKO600
A few weeks ago I added relays to my headlight circuit to help brighten the lights for night driving. It definately helped.
But now I notice my tail lights are out. I have break lights and directionals but no tail lights.
I assumed they were OK before. I got an inspection sticker with no problem a few months back.
Do you think it's just a coinsidence or could I have screwed something up. I thought the wiring for the headlights and tail lights were on two different harnesses. All I touched was the wiring directly before the headlight plug.
Any tips would be appreciated.

Thanks, Mark

Mark,

Check the taillight fuse. It's marked on the fuse panel.

Yeah, I agree. If I can hook up the headlight relays and not fry the wiring, it should be a simple fix.

Kid_Again said:
Yeah, I agree. If I can hook up the headlight relays and not fry the wiring, it should be a simple fix.

...............;LOL

The taillight circuit (brown wire) runs directly from the headlight switch through the body connector above the kickpad to the taillights (and license light), and isn't affected by any other circuit. Either the fuse is blown, the brown wire is broken or disconnected at the headlight switch or body connector, both bulbs are out (unlikely), or the headlight switch is bad. :)

Thanks John,
That's about the only thing I haven't checked. I'll pull the switch this weekend. Hopefully the wire is just disconnected.

Mark

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom