Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tank sticker... how to remove

cesully

Corvette
1978 L82 Pace Car
Folks,
I keep hearing there could possibly be a tank sticker or document.
How do I remove this without destroying it in the process? Is it on top of the gas tank? Is it a build sheet duplicate? How can I tell if one is there easily?
Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sully

Sully,

I wouldn't bother. Since you own a '78, the build sheet is still available from GM. There was a series of posts a few months ago. Someone posted the email to request the sheet. At the time is was free, I don't know about know.

Do a search and you should find the thread.

Good Luck

Robert

cesully said:
Folks,
I keep hearing there could possibly be a tank sticker or document.
How do I remove this without destroying it in the process? Is it on top of the gas tank? Is it a build sheet duplicate? How can I tell if one is there easily?
Any advise on this would be greatly appreciated.

Regards,

Sully

Sully,

It is usually located on the front side of the tank. If you remove the tire carrier assembly, you could sometimes see it (at least a corner of it). By this time it is the most fragile thing on your car, so once you drop the tank, take pictures of it (even before attempting to remove it). Don't use pressurized air to clean off the dust. The best thing is to use adhesive-plastic documet protector or perhaps use a clear coat spray to help you prevent it from coming appart. Then use a spatula carefully behind the sheet to pry it off the tank. Good Luck!

GerryLP:cool

Once you have the tank down,CAREFULLY use a razor blade held in a window scraper handle. Be sure to scrape against the metal surface of the tank, so that the glue holding the paper down comes up with the FRAGILE document, you really only get ONE CHANCE AT THIS.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom