Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Targa top compatability

MIKEM3401

Corvette
1995 white coupe
Will a 1986 targa top fit on a 1995?
I thought they were the same, just want to make sure.

Thanks,
MIKEM

Hopefully someone else will come along soon with more specific details, but the quick answer is that they should be slightly different. If I remember correctly the actual roof panel is actually the same, but I believe it has to do with the mounting hardware being off a little bit from each other. I think you'll be having to look for one from 89-96 to fit your car though.

Indeed, the windshield header mounting bolts are in a different place. You can get kits to update an early C4 to use later tops, but I've not seen one to use an eary top on a late C4.
[RICHR]

You have to use the early hardware and trim in the front!! Also they changed to 2nd design partway through in 86,So in 86 you could have 1st design or 2nd design!!;shrug;shrug I think they went to the 3rd design in 89 all the way to 96!! I have a Near NEW 1st design (Blue Tint) and a Really Nice 3rd design (Bronze Tint) with new rubbers,if any one is interested!! :upthumbs

Looking at 2nd Series for 1996 Application

Wondering if any one is aware of adapter kit to convert 2nd series solid top to 1996 model year? I know there is a buit of play with the hardware but not enough and I have heard it mentoned that an adapter kit is available. I need a solid top for my 96 to be correct with two tops option. Found an incorrect color but great condition top for 175 clams in great shape. Tried to fit it but no dice. Little help please?

Cheers,
:beer

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom