Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! Temp Guage

berry1133@bellsouth.net

Guys, I had the strangest thing happen yesterday. While driving, I turned on my headlights and my temp gauge went all the way to the right. When I say all the way, I mean past the 260 mark to the bottom of the gauge. When I turned the lights off, it went back to its normal position. Recently I pulled the center console out to replace all the bulbs. Is it possible that when plugging the 3 prong connector back, I connected it the wrong way? Let me know what you think.

BBerry

I would start with that...it's possible that something went wrong, especially if it was fine before you worked on it...,...

Does anyone know what the 3 prong connector is for? I would hate to change it and something goes haywire. I should have marked it prior to disconnecting it.

As I am looking at the AIM,I see a 3 prong plug for a vanity mirror,
do you have a Factory radio????I it could be for that as well.

No I do not have a factory radio. The 3 prong connector that I am referring to is next to the center gauge cluster connector. It's just below the print circuit of the center gauges.

It's probably for the radio..with out tearing mine apart,its a guess at this point.

Bill, what page of the AIM are you looking at? I can verify if this is the connector in question.

BBerry

I was looking at pgs 503/504
looks like the center console and behind the gauges.....
I looked in the FSM as well,8C=6

Thanks Bill. I took a look at page 503 & 504 of the AIM. Page 503 is the rear of the speedo/tach gauges. On page 504, the rear of the center gauges, just to the right side of the gage cluster connector is where I have a 3 prong connector. This is not pictured in this diagram. It's definitely not the radio connector. Thanks for looking.

BBerry

The 3 prong connector is for your oil temp gauge. Mine is pinned in one location all the time after taking the center apart so that is also the first thing that I would look at. If I'm right the oil temp gauge is hard to find!

Also look at the plastic print. (If I remember correctly) the ground system is a single routing system when it is broken somewhere then the current will look for a good alternative to ground. Could be the bulbs are now powered by or grounded by your temp gauge (for example).

Greetings Peter

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom