Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Tempted to buy a C6.....

Stinger !!

Corvette
'08 Will Cooksey #144 Z06
Made a parts trip into a local Chevy store and got the keys to a '07 handed to me to test drive...BIG MISTAKE!!

Man what a difference over my '03 C5 AE....Not even close to the handling and ride .... far superior in my opinion....if you are happy with your C5, DON'T TEST DRIVE A C6!!!

I can't shake the temptation to trade up to one....right now!!

Anyhow here is my question,

What is a 16000 mile very clean '03 AE coupe/auto REALLY worth today doing an outright sale...not a trade to the dealer?

I live in FL so don't hit me with the "seasonal" storage time of the year thing....Vette season is 12 months/all year here.

I know the asking prices are all over the board, but what are the AE Coupes selling for and is there a market for them through Ebay????

I should not have drove this thing!!!

My guess : $35,000

I saw several on Auto Trader asking $36000-$40000 for Anniversary coupe, I do not know what they are actually getting though.

Vette Finders: $35,500 , $39,900 (a 19,000mi dealer retail)

Ebay: $35,000 vert with under 3500 miles

NADA used car pricing: $33,000 (trade-in) to $37,600 (retail)

Edmonds Market Value: $33,000 (although I could not factor in Anniverary Ed.)

Sounds like I better stay away from test driving a C6, I like my 99 way too much. :)

I love my '03 AE and would not consider selling it. It's a wonderful car and the ride is awesome.

Then again I already have a C6 in the garage.

Both have the MagRide option. The C6 version has less difference between the Tour and Sport modes than the AE does though.

Hang On

Stinger,

Hang on to your AE for a couple more years. Then sell it privately and buy a 1-owner C6 Z06. The wait will be worth it and you'll own a lethal weapon.

Remo:cool

Stinger,

Hang on to your AE for a couple more years. Then sell it privately and buy a 1-owner C6 Z06. The wait will be worth it and you'll own a lethal weapon.

Remo:cool

:upthumbs

I agree.....and STOP test driving!

I haven't driven a C6 yet, but I've been a passenger in one, and even just that was enough to kick start my C6 fever into a much higher level! I already have been wanting one badly, but after that, it's just gotten much much worse!

I figured out a pretty decent plan though. My wife has been wanting a sports car for a long time, and she loves driving the C5. So in about a year or two I will give her the C5 and I'll pick up a used C6. I'm hoping the rumor of a 425hp engine for 2008 is true, as that might cause the 05-07 to drop in value a little bit more than it normal might have dropped.

I like this new plan of mine a lot, because I don't have to trade in the C5, so that means I don't need to worry as much about how many miles are on it. I drive it every day, so I am piling them on pretty fast. Plus it has been an extremely reliable car that should easily go 200,000 miles or more.

JUST GO FOR IT!!!

It's only money. :lou

jhecox.....

'07 Atomic Orange....NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT....VERY NICE RIDE!!!

Stinger !!

Made a parts trip into a local Chevy store and got the keys to a '07 handed to me to test drive...BIG MISTAKE!!

Man what a difference over my '03 C5 AE....Not even close to the handling and ride .... far superior in my opinion....if you are happy with your C5, DON'T TEST DRIVE A C6!!!

I can't shake the temptation to trade up to one....right now!!

Anyhow here is my question,

What is a 16000 mile very clean '03 AE coupe/auto REALLY worth today doing an outright sale...not a trade to the dealer?

I live in FL so don't hit me with the "seasonal" storage time of the year thing....Vette season is 12 months/all year here.

I know the asking prices are all over the board, but what are the AE Coupes selling for and is there a market for them through Ebay????

I should not have drove this thing!!!
i have been telling C-5 owners this since i picked up my C-6 sept 2004 and several did and got the fever. i saw were C-5 owners posted the C-6 was a C-5.5 but they had not driven one yet. every C-5 i bought was better than the former BUT the C-6 was a very BIG step up

"'07 Atomic Orange....NOW THATS WHAT I'M TALKIN' ABOUT....VERY NICE RIDE!!!

Stinger !!"

Thanks Stinger

Can't afford one so I guess I'd better not drive one for another 5 or 6 years.:eyerole.

- Eric:w

I test drove a new '05 automatic droptop with the magnetic shocks in Summer '05...OH MY! The car absolutely astounded me (I had an '87 C4 drop top at the time...) with its magnificent combo of ride, FLAT cornering, power and brakes. Made my '87 feel like a 56 cheebeee pickup!

OTOH I drove a slightly used C6 6spd coupe this summer before I bought my C5: very nice car, but did not feel like the '05 did. Most noticeable difference was the suspension: '06 had base suspension...nice but not outstanding, IMO. Those magnetic shocks are worth every penny and really make a big difference in how the car rides and handles. My C5 also has the base suspension and is a vast improvement (due primarily to the chassis and LS1...) over either of my C4s but isn't that far off (other than 50HP...) from a standard C6 on the street.

IMO: pop for the magnetic shocks, if the car doesn't have them find one that does. DFO :)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom