Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Test Driving a C6 NOT Allowed at Dealer?

Not to hijack the thread, but I wouldn't say the 'yuppie' cars aren't fun to drive!
The M3 is a total blast! And the Audi Quattro's equally so. Each car has it's representative fun factor. It's just different fun in each car. (End of hijack :cool)
The new 414-HP M3 takes up most of the cover of Car and Driver, while the gorgeous new 436-HP Corvette is pushed into one corner of the same cover. And the M3 is boring. It looks just like the new Honda Accord (Road and Track has them on consecutive pages). On the other hand, the new Snakeskin Green Viper is stunning! I bet it is hard to walk into a Dodge dealership and get a quick tst drive in one of those... Like I said, a car that is known for being fast and fun is different from one that is just a status symbol for the rich and boring.

I'm just buying a new '07 and they wanted me to go for a test drive but I told them I wanted to see the numbers and that I've driven a few of them already. Afterward, they gave me the keys and a dealer plate. I took it for a ride alone for about 1/2 hour only because I was limited on time.

Chuck M

I even talked to the owner of the the dealership in Ft. Lupton for almost an hour and test drive was still a no go.

I guess that guy must be pretty dense. I mean, you talk to him for an hour and he still can't see that you're serious about buying and not just interesting in a joy ride?:ugh

Salesman intuition on buyers

The owner who I talked to in Ft. Lupton, Rolly Purifoy, seemed genuine in his admiration and passion for the vette as was evident by his separate corvette showroom. I didn't feel like it was a waste of time talking w/ him and had a chance to check out their whole repair facility and body shop, which of course they have mechanics and body shop people who specialize in vettes along with doing custom mods. This was actually the only dealership I felt comfortable at, and even though it is a hour drive outside of the Denver area for me, I believe this would be the dealership I would like to buy from. The salesperson told me when I get ready to buy, come back and go for the test drive. Of course, everything being contingent on the right price.

You know, it was funny because at all these dealerships they asked what I did for a living and I told them. Whats really hilarious is all the sales people said "so , your use to driving cars fast and chasing people". I said yeah, to a certain degree and very rarely. Maybe that is why they didn't want me going out for a little test run because they were afraid I would scare the crap out of them...:L

I guess that guy must be pretty dense. I mean, you talk to him for an hour and he still can't see that you're serious about buying and not just interesting in a joy ride?:ugh

You're in LE, right?

I applied and tested for Chicago. They're still processing the thousands in front of me.

Applied, took the physical ability and written for a Chicago suburb yesterday. Physical ability dropped 25% of the applicants!:eek:hnoes

Yep, sure am. I'm actually a federal cop working for Dept. of Homeland Sec. I spent two years in the Chicago area when I was in the Navy (Great Mistakes).

As for the Physical, the run is usually what gets people. I went to the Fed academy down in Georgia back in 2001. Good luck on your testing!!!!

Not to hijack the thread, but I wouldn't say the 'yuppie' cars aren't fun to drive!
The M3 is a total blast! And the Audi Quattro's equally so. Each car has it's representative fun factor. It's just different fun in each car. (End of hijack :cool)

Agreed, I had a BMW. It was a blast but not like the Vette.(End of hijack):w

I have run into this before. I told them that I could not be expected to buy a car I can't drive and walked away to the next dealer (letting them know my plan) and the next dealer had no issue with this.

However, no luck on the Z06, unless it was used.

Dealer issues

I'm sure I will find a dealer that will let me test drive one, even if it is used. I might of just had a run on bad luck that day, but I will prevail. I agree, you need to drive the car first before you know if u are going to buy it or not. ITs just that with the vette, you know it will blow you out of the water before you ever set foot in one!

I have run into this before. I told them that I could not be expected to buy a car I can't drive and walked away to the next dealer (letting them know my plan) and the next dealer had no issue with this.

However, no luck on the Z06, unless it was used.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom