Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

News: Testing '92 Horns

Ray Young

Corvette
1992 black coupe six speed
Hi All,

The horns are not working on the '92. Pushing the horn button makes the relay click and the fuses are OK. I am thinking it is just the horns as the car was in storage for the last 7 years. Last night I removed the horn and ran a lead from each of the pins at the horn connection on the horn to the pos and neg on the battery and no toot toot. Is this the right way to test the horn? Today I also locked the door with the key and, with the window rolled down, opened the door from the inside to try and activate the alarm. No horn sounds either. I am assuming that I am testing the alarm system the correct way as well.

Any verification of either process is appreciated. :thanks:

Test

Hook a test light up to the connector for the horn and press the button. If you get a light then that part should be ok and I assume it's a defective horn. You should be able to get them from Chevy or from a junkyard if so inclined.

Hi All,

The horns are not working on the '92. Pushing the horn button makes the relay click and the fuses are OK. I am thinking it is just the horns as the car was in storage for the last 7 years. Last night I removed the horn and ran a lead from each of the pins at the horn connection on the horn to the pos and neg on the battery and no toot toot. Is this the right way to test the horn? Today I also locked the door with the key and, with the window rolled down, opened the door from the inside to try and activate the alarm. No horn sounds either. I am assuming that I am testing the alarm system the correct way as well.

Any verification of either process is appreciated. :thanks:

Horns are bad. With a positive and negative lead installed onto each of the horn wire connectors, the horn should function. Good luck with it. :)

Yuppers

Horns are bad. With a positive and negative lead installed onto each of the horn wire connectors, the horn should function. Good luck with it. :)

That's what I thought. thanks.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom