Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Grand Sport Thank God We are not alone.

For discussions related to a Grand Sport Corvette.

junkyardjohn

Corvette
2010 grand sport covert. blue
Thank God, the the 2011 grand sport convertibles are as forgotten as the 2010 as far as dry sump, trunk battery, etc. etc. And yes misery does love company.

Dry sump is for a more "competition" oriented vehicle, convertable tops are not. Verts have their place, but not on tracks.

Competition?

Dry sump is for a more "competition" oriented vehicle, convertable tops are not. Verts have their place, but not on tracks.
How many new vettes and I mean how many new coupes are bought with the intention of going to any kind of actual competition. I'll bet that 99% of any competition will be from one traffic lite to another. With an occasional trip to a drag strip. Chevy of all people should know this. But as long as I have a warranty I am ok. If I starve the engine of oil while making some sort of turn, " opps " It still uunder warranty. Chevy's loss.

JYJ... you sound like a man in need of a sympathetic ear. :L

Are you having issues with your new GS? Or are you simply concerned about common issues with the C6 in general?

Give us more information and we'll help you work through it. :thumb

:wJane Ann

QUOTE=XLR8;1038801]JYJ... you sound like a man in need of a sympathetic ear. :L

Are you having issues with your new GS? Or are you simply concerned about common issues with the C6 in general?

Give us more information and we'll help you work through it. :thumb

:wJane Ann[/QUOTE]
Let me see am I having issues with my GS, Yes I am having lots of issues my GS. I am very disappointed with the whole situation. I read before ordering that the GS engines were to be built where the LS7 and LS9 were to be built, by one guy, that the car was to have a better weight distribution, (battery in the trunk) Was to have a dry sump oil system, who knows what else they said for the GS. was to have? $70 thousand later I take delivery to find out I have a reg. conv. with flared fenders. Yes I have an issue.

Let me see am I having issues with my GS, Yes I am having lots of issues my GS. I am very disappointed with the whole situation. I read before ordering that the GS engines were to be built where the LS7 and LS9 were to be built, by one guy, that the car was to have a better weight distribution, (battery in the trunk) Was to have a dry sump oil system, who knows what else they said for the GS. was to have? $70 thousand later I take delivery to find out I have a reg. conv. with flared fenders. Yes I have an issue.
Where did you read that? What is the weight distribution that you thought it was going to be? Why would you want a battery in the trunk (in a vert?)
Why would anyone want GM's problematic dry sump system?
If you have a 2010 GS, please send me your brakes and wheels/tires as my Z06 is in need...

I'm taking a roadtrip on Wednesday, and I'd give almost anything to have a GS vert for the trip! (Avenue of the Giants, here I come!)

Having a fixed roof Z sucks for this...:eyerole

Answers

Where did you read that? What is the weight distribution that you thought it was going to be? Why would you want a battery in the trunk (in a vert?)
Why would anyone want GM's problematic dry sump system?
If you have a 2010 GS, please send me your brakes and wheels/tires as my Z06 is in need...

I'm taking a roadtrip on Wednesday, and I'd give almost anything to have a GS vert for the trip! (Avenue of the Giants, here I come!)

Having a fixed roof Z sucks for this...:eyerole
Reason for battery in the trunk is 2 fold. 1- better weight distribution, closer to 50/50. 2-Less trouble in getting to battery in case of a dead battery. You only need your key. Besides Chevy said the Grand Sport period. Why are the dry sump so problematic? What does the engine starve of oil going up hills? Does the Z06 have lousy brakes and tires?

Gs Vert

I have a 2010 GS Vert and I love it. I do not race and have no intention of racing. If you want a dry sump and your battery in the trunk I am sure you can pay someone to it all it takes is $$$. Just my 2 cents.

Reason for battery in the trunk is 2 fold. 1- better weight distribution, closer to 50/50. 2-Less trouble in getting to battery in case of a dead battery. You only need your key. Besides Chevy said the Grand Sport period. Why are the dry sump so problematic? What does the engine starve of oil going up hills? Does the Z06 have lousy brakes and tires?

I blieve you will find that the ONLY reason the battery was put in the trunk, is to make room for the dry sump oil tank. The hand built engine, dry sump, and battery mount was all specifically denoted in the 2010 sales brochure. I questioned it too and my salesman was quick to point it out.

PS: Dry sump only on manual transmission cars too.

how much?

Is it cheaper to convert to dry sump or to re-buy a 2012 GS? i HAVE A WHOPPING 95 MILES ON MY RAG TOP, MAYBE I SHOULD LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.

Is it cheaper to convert to dry sump or to re-buy a 2012 GS? i HAVE A WHOPPING 95 MILES ON MY RAG TOP, MAYBE I SHOULD LEAVE WELL ENOUGH ALONE.

If you're not going racing with big, long, fast, turns; why do you feel that you need a dry sump to begin with?? I say leave well enough alone and enjoy one beautful, powerful automobile!! 95 miles is hardly enough seat time to properly bond with a new Corvette; certainly not enough time for a permagrin...

It would be cheaper to flip to a 2012 that has what you want on it when you add in the depreciation factor of a altered vehicle along with the cost of conversion.

Smart money is to leave your vehicle as is and enjoy it. Your vehicle is more car than you can legally use on the street, and unless you track the vehicle extremely hard you will never need the dry sump or rear mounted battery. Good luck with either choice.:)

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom