Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Thanks Junk!

Paul Higg

Corvette
2007 Monterey Red
I would like to thank the Junk man for all his help. I failed emissions and he helped me pass (no pun intended.) ;LOL.

Junk was going to drive all the way here to help me with his scanner and I really appreciate that Junk!

Jesse is one of the very best mechanics I have ever met. When he tells you what is wrong with your car you can bank on it.

So here's to you Junkster!! :beer :beer :beer

Paul

I would like to thank the Junk man for all his help. I failed emissions and he helped me pass (no pun intended.) ;LOL.

Junk was going to drive all the way here to help me with his scanner and I really appreciate that Junk!

Jesse is one of the very best mechanics I have ever met. When he tells you what is wrong with your car you can bank on it.

Paul
Why did you fail and what was the fix?

CG

Georgia:

TEST 1

25/25 test

HC ppm 00132 ALLOWED 00117 FAIL
CO% 0.48 ALLOWED 0.65 PASS
NO ppm 01905 ALLOWED 00821 FAIL
RPM 1289 ALLOWED 0000-2500 PASS
CO + CO2% 14.8 ALLOWED 6.0 min.

Added 1 bottle of CRC Emissions, replaced PCV, replaced oil & filter. Checked IAT with a digital thermometer and a digital meter using a hair dryer and a digital meat thermometer. All ohm readings perfect. No codes.

TEST 2

25/25 test

HC ppm 00071 PASS
CO% 0.21 PASS
NO ppm 01225 FAIL
RPM 1289 PASS
CO + CO2% 15.0 PASS
Ran a tank of Techron 93
No codes.

TEST 3

25/25 test

HC ppm 88 PASS
CO% 0.36 PASS
NOx ppm 1449 FAIL
RPM 1294 PASS
CO+CO2% 14.6 PASS
I replaced the EGR after banging on the CATS, they sounded hollow and not clogged and had a nice ring to them. No codes.

TEST 4

25/25 test

HC ppm 102 PASS
CO% 0.42 PASS
NOx ppm 481 PASS!!!!!!
RPM 1280 PASS
CO+CO2% 14.6 PASS

:upthumbs

I don't call him the corvette doctor for nothin! :D I think my car even has him on speed dial and can call him when it feels sick before I even find out. Junkie is definitely worth more than his weight in gold, not just because of his incredible knowledge but his wonderful helpful attitude for sharing what he knows and trying to help.

Here's to you Jessie! :beer

Hell ,I drive from my house just north of Canada to Junkies.Where else can ya get great personal service .He's a good person no doubt :D

Junk is a life saver.

He's helped me more times than I'd like to remember!!!!

Paul

:beer

Here's to you Junkie!

:thumb

WOW....just north of Canada ???? you in Russia? lol
I had to walk 30 miles south to get to the north pole.They had the only porta potty in the area with TP ;)

Junkie is not only a auto craftsmen he's just a great honest person .I consider him one of my closest friends.:thumb

Hell ,I drive from my house just north of Canada to Junkies.Where else can ya get great personal service .He's a good person no doubt :D

Dang ! vett boy, I didn't know they had nursing homes up there. :chuckle:L

Glenn
:w

Dang ! vett boy, I didn't know they had nursing homes up there. :chuckle:L

Glenn
:w
It's not really a nursing home, per se. Up here, we put our elderly onto iceflows and push them out to sea. The problem is some of those old buggers are pretty canny so the polar bears don't always get 'em.

-Mac

It's not really a nursing home, per se. Up here, we put our elderly onto iceflows and push them out to sea. The problem is some of those old buggers are pretty canny so the polar bears don't always get 'em.

-Mac
Damn bear ate my mother two months before I was born :mad:mad:mad I was raised by seals ,thats why I waddle when I walk.

Damn bear ate my mother two months before I was born :mad:mad:mad I was raised by seals ,thats why I waddle when I walk.
There's a joke (or two) in this somewhere but I'm not going there... :boogie

-Mac

There's a joke (or two) in this somewhere but I'm not going there... :boogie

-Mac
If you knew vett boy like I do,It's probly best!!!:boogie:boogie:boogie

You're welcome Junkie! You deserve it!

And you guys with the ice floe? I was laughing my BUTT off!
;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL;LOL

Anyone can steal my thread! :D

The Junkster deserves ALL the credit people bestow on him. I have never met a nicer guy who tries harder and is always ready to help. We ought to find a way to clone him!

Or download all his information from his brain into a huge Vette database! 'course we'd let him keep his brain, we just want information!
:thumb

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom