Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The 67 Convert is now in Calif!

bobmanx

Corvette
1967 White Convert. 327/350hp, 4 spd, with A/C
The 67 Convert is now in Calif! Thanks Jim!

All I can say is "THANKS to Vettefinder Jim". He recomended Intercity Transport company to move my 1967 Convert, and they were Fantastic! They worked with me as to availability for pick-up in AZ. and delivery here in Calif.

The drivers were concerned about everything, and worked to put it all together! Intercity Transport, listed in the CAC Portal went that extra mile to make this as easy as possible. All I had to do was call and sign the receipt at delivery. THEY WERE NOT THE MOST EXSPENSIVE!

Exceptional company and personel attitude, the transport drivers (John & Susan) took the time to make sure that everything was correct at pick-up and delivery. They were very professional, answered any questions and treated my car as if it was their own.

My Vette was covered and transported in a enclosed trailer, and they contacted me numerous times while enroute to make sure I was advised where they were, and when they would be arriving.

I would certainly recommend John & Susan and Intercity Transport for any vehicle transportation nationwide. I have used others before with less than favorable results. Intercity came recommended and in my inquiries of the people and companies that they listed as references they were held in high regard. They can add me to their list of extremely satisfied customers. Thanks Intercity!

Bob

Now the fun begins! That last part was easy!

Very cool Bob! It's good to hear some nice news for a change. Congratulations! :upthumbs

Ken, I hear that loud and clear! We need more "good news"!Where in L.A. area?

Thanks Bob

Hermosa Beach! :D

anothersunset.jpg

Simi Valley, think Northridge earth quake, over the L.A./Ventura County Line, 118 FWY. The Corvette is in my mom's garage in Orange County. More room to play!

My late brother last resided in Simi, on Autumn Breeze Place. ;)

_ken :w

Ken, sorry to hear about your "late" brother. Hermosa is a nice place, been there several times (beach).

I'm in the middle of Simi near the city hall and the "New" Police Station. Right where all the "NEW" Construction is. Thanks to the last rain, we are at the corner of "Mud and More Mud", till they get done playing and trying to reclaim the open areas from the gophers! Bob

Ken, Nice sunset, must be nice to explore Hermosa Beach in the summer and in your Corvette!

Since your a administrator here, I assume that you have been here a while. Please accept my thanks for all that you and the staff are doing to make this site a enjoyable place to learn and express ideas and opinons without the hassles that I have found at other automotive sites. It must be a real challenge. THANKS!
Bob

I mean to get out there again sometime to see Andy Heyneman of Retrovette. I'll try to hook up with you when I do. :upthumbs

Home at last, Ya hoo!!!!!!

Glad the boys at Intercity took care of you. So often these days, good companies all of a sudden fall down and don't deliver as in the past. This company has been good however, for as long as I have been dealing with them.

Now for the good stuff. My oldest daughter lives in Mission Viejo. Guess I am going to have visit soon ........so I can make a detour and see your car along the way.....hint, hint...

You might want to look into the So. Cal Chapter of NCRS. Great bunch of folks willing to help you with questions you may have with your new treasure. Check out www.ncrs.org and then look for So Cal Chapter.

Welcome home,
I'll be looking for the wave!!!
Jim

Bob.... Cool... great news!

I'm in the process of booking my transport with Inner City as well, I'm dealing with Bob there... VERY HELPFUL and NO attitude!

So this is great... Your eagle has landed... mines getting prepped on the launch pad!

And your a stones throw away from me....

Valencia to Simi... bout 30 ish miles
( hint-hint #2)

I have now recieved a partial shop manual & schematics.. more to come!

C-2 bretheren UNITE!

Vig!

Way to go Vigman

Bob Sellers at Intercity is a pro. He helped me ship six cars last year from West Virginia, Chicago, Bowling Green (and stoped in Little Rock on the way for the hard top),New Mexico and Arizona.

All arrived as found before shipping, including spare parts that were cared for in special compartments in the trailer.

I hope their service continues to be as good as always.
looking forward to your new project.
Jim

Re: Home at last, Ya hoo!!!!!!

vettefinderjim said:
You might want to look into the So. Cal Chapter of NCRS. Great bunch of folks willing to help you with questions you may have with your new treasure. Check out www.ncrs.org and then look for So Cal Chapter.

A few years ago when I joined NCRS, I was also going to join the SoCal chapter, but they had nothing scheduled on the calender except for monthly board meetings which I was told would be of no interest to me. I got the impression it was a pretty dead chapter.

Was I given bad information? I'm obviously not building an NCRS points car, but it would be fun to hang out with some other locals.

- Mike Greene

It's the people, Mike

Every business, hobby or sport has the 'in crowd'. Not all of them are perfect. But over the years I have met many knowledgeable people that have shared more info with me about the Corvette. Today, some people call me an expert. I have to laugh at that comment, but I sure would not have a clue about many of the Corvette details had it not been for NCRS. Their publications are worth the $30 dues alone. And the friendships are ,for me anyhow, a lifetime of fun.

The chapter usually does about five major events a year. The chapter info can be found at www.ncrs.org/scc

Looking forward to seeing your car Mike, and meeting you. Try the Regional Meet in Zion, Utah on May 1. You will enjoy it and the people.
Regards,
Jim Gessner

Five events per year? :cool That is not the impression I got when I called a few years back. I must've been speaking to a dud. Thanks for the info! Looks like I'll be joining the local chapter! :_rock

Speaking of clubs...

I meant to mention last night Bob, as I was performing my duties as editor of Southwest Corvettes monthly newsletter and printing this month's edition, that there is a Corvette club in Simi, the Simi Valley Corvette Club, in case you are interested.

Thanks Ken, I searched the Corvette Club list and noticed the Simi Corvette Club. I was trying to work it in to the schedule, and go take a look. See what they are doing as a club.
Thanks Bob

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom