Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The '94 Build, In Progess

WillC4

Corvette
'94 LT1 Green Coupe. 6-spd. All Bolt-ons.
This is my first corvette ever, I got it back in June 2009, pretty much exactly one year ago. I love this car, but had a listof things that needed to be done, but still got it at a great price. I am a college 22 yr old college student (Mechanical Engineering major, Math Minor), and because of my college budget, i have done all work on this vehicle myself, or with the assistance of friends. Well, figure i share a bit about what i have done, and plan to do to my '94. I plan to do a "mild" build, with a modest 450 HP (360 RWHP at my altitude range of 6000-9000 ft), and similarly with torque. If you want to ask me my opinions, thoughts on modifications i have done, ill gladly answer to the best of my ability. No dyno sheets yet, waiting to get it tuned, however, ill get you some track times in about one week when i race her, my first official drag race.

Here are the current modifications i have completed:
-SLP C.A.I.
-TPiS 52mm T.B.
-TPiS LongTube Headers
-TPiS Off-Road Header-Back Exhaust System
-TPiS A/C Delete Pulley
-A/C Delete
-LT4 Knock Module
-MAM Manual Fan Switch
-MSD Pro-Distributor
-MSD Blaster Coil
-Moroso 8mm Spark Plug Wires
-T.B. Bypass

Here is a list of what i plan to do to her still:
-Head Porting (Lloyd Elliot, TPiS, or A.I.)
-Cam (LT4 Hotcam, Comp Cams CC503 or Similar)
-Tranny Optimization (Making the tranny stronger by ZR51)
-355 Rebuild (so many places to choose from)
-1.6:1 Roller Rockers (Crane, Comp Cams etc...)
-Ring and Pinion (3.54 or 3.73)
-Intake manifold Porting (Lloyd Elliot or A.I.)
-Clutch Kit (Many to choose from, something like a stage 2 or 3)
-Suspension OverHaul (Still researching this)
-C5 Front Brake Kit (Plenty to choose from)
-A.I.R. and E.G.R. Delete (Extra junk I dont need)
-Racetronix Fuel Pump Kit and Harness (190 lph pump)
-30# Injectors (Ford SVO injectors)
-Tune (very important, maybe pcmforless)

Im sure theres other stuff out there, but just cant think of it. Again, thoughts, comments, questions. Feel free to let me know. If you disagree with a certain choice i made/ plan to make, please make it constructive, not insulting, although on a website like this i think most people here are mature and reasonable.

:w

worthless_thread_wo_pics.gif

:lou

Looks like a good plan. The only negative comment I might have is I don't see 450 SAE at the crank with ported stock heads and that cam. I don't think you will even hit 400 CHP. JMO

You need a bigger nastier cam to get that horsepower output. If you are going to go with Lloyd Elliot Portworks they have cams that work with their heads to make over 400RWHP if you want it. Other popular cams for LT1 build is the CC306, my personal favorite. Trick Flow just came out with a top end kit that has heads, cam, etc...and makes 430HP at the crank. Where do you ever find the money to do this stuff in college??

You mention suspension, if you want great handling put a Z07 package under your car or go aftermarket. Vette Brake Products has total packages for this. IF you have FX3 Bilstien will revalve your shocks for greater stiffness.

Understood on Cam choice, i was also looking at the CC503. The CC306 is beyond the rpm range that i am looking at pushing. No pics cause the fam took it with them on their vacation for this summer.

I am in the colorado springs area as well geekinavette.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom