Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Absorber

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
images.absorbertn.jpg

If you haven't tried this product, I highly recommend that you check it out!

The Absorber is a synthetic chamois and beats anything I've ever used to dry my Corvette.

The absorber® is NOT a leather chamois. Nor is it a terry cloth towel. But it’s probably the best drying tool you’ll ever discover. The absorber® is made of a unique material called PVA (Poly Vinyl Alcohol). The secret of the absorbers® power is it’s amazing uniform, sponge-like pore structure throughout the product that enhances capillary action and gives the absorber® it’s super drying ability.

It's available at marine and automotive stores and is even available from Corvette Action Center Industry Partner Corvette Central. Click here.

Many thanks to Psuedomind for loaning me the Absorber at CruiseFest '06!

:w Jane Ann

IMG_5884_R.jpg

Gee, what will they think of next?I've been using a "Poly Vinyl Alcohol" film for repairing Fiberglass and Gel Coat on Cars, Boats and Airplanes for over 20 years!! It leaves a Smooth Slick Pinhole Free surface that can be refinished without the Worry of Blisters later on!!!! You can also use it to make a nice un-noticeable repair in the Gel Coat on a Boat where there is a Big Gouge or Scratch with it!!
:upthumbs

I've been using one for years, like I said I'm not into the wash and wax thing so anything that cuts time I go for. I still don't have the technique down that was demonstrated by a pro detail guy at one of our local Corvette Club meetings but I get the job done.
He opened it up all the way and spread it on the car like you would a towel on the beach, then pulled it across and the car was dry, truely amazing to watch.

images.absorbertn.jpg

If you haven't tried this product, I highly recommend that you check it out!

The Absorber is a synthetic chamois and beats anything I've ever used to dry my Corvette.

It's available at marine and automotive stores and is even available from Corvette Action Center Industry Partner Corvette Central. Click here.

Many thanks to Psuedomind for loaning me the Absorber at CruiseFest '06!

:w Jane Ann

I've used those for about 5 years. They are simply AWESOME.

Buy the light colored one and you'll see how thorough you are when washng your car- it will pick up the dirt in the areas you "thought" you got.

Be cautious when using the Absorber. They have no nap to "cushion" any missed dirt, etc., which can lead to scratching and/or swirling.

I prefer and recommend a quality waffle weave microfiber towel

Be cautious when using the Absorber. They have no nap to "cushion" any missed dirt, etc., which can lead to scratching and/or swirling.

I prefer and recommend a quality waffle weave microfiber towel

I agree. I retired my Absorber the day I used my first microfiber towel.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom