Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Best Corvette In Turkey...

One more picture of the engine...

Cor27.jpg

SSTibet said:
It took a lot of hard work and patience to get the engine bay look like that. It was mostly covered with some amount of road dust & dirt when I got it. I will post one more pic of the engine here for you to enjoy it. I had to clean the engine bay with Scotch bright, steel wool, q-tips, and even with tooth picks... I continue cleaning it with WD40 for the metal parts and electrical stuff, and with other sprays for non-metalic parts. And baby does it shine!!! Cheers, Selim

Right now, I'm in building a 389" from my LT1 engine (engine is out right now) and I think I won't have a better chance to clean the engine bay, so I'm going to do it this week end!

Congrats again for your yellow beauty!

SSTibet said:
Folks, I love visiting CAC frequently. But I travel often for business and I sort of get away from it from time to time. I just came back from Saudi a few days ago and first thing I did over the weekend was to wash my baby and take pictures of it. My younger son (17) also loves the Vette.

Hey Spanishvettes, are you coming to Istanbul for the F1 in August??? I think it is going to be between 19 - 21 August. I will not be there...
No I will not be able to make the Istanbul race. Unfortunately August is my Best/Worst month at the track so getting away for more than a few hours is impossible.

We were really surprised when the FIA decided to race right through the summer with several races only a week apart. In the old days the racing season was suspended during the summer so my two lives never conflicted. I need a Clone or two… I offered Ken the job but he was Way over qualified.:W

SSTibet said:
Speed limits in TR are very similar to USA. In "divided highways" (equivalent of USA interstate roads) speed limit is 75MPH but cops will not bother until 90MPH on such roads. On "lesser quality" highways limit is 50MPH and cops allow 60MPH.

Now, don't ask "where do you drive that car in Turkey" please, we have nice roads & highways here too. They are not as good and as many in US but enough to have fun.

Hi Selim,

Maybe I missed it, my apologies if I did, you type/speak a lot like an American. Have you spent time here in the states? From what I can see in the background of your pics, it looks really nice where you are. I've never been to Turkey and most of us only know your country from movies(not a good source: picture camels and dirt roads).

Don't be confused about the roads here in the states, they are continually working on them and many look worse than the roads of a 3rd world nation.

Can you equivocate your climate to any area of the US?

Again, welcome to the CAC! You have a great looking Vette!

6 Shooter said:
FYI - Selim has been a member a bit longer than you.

Later . . . . . .
6 Shooter

DOH!! :W

Thought I was in the New Members area! ;LOL ;LOL ;LOL

Sorry, Selim!

Folks, guys & girls... You are all wonderful people. Thanks much for the very nice words. Thanks to GM and Corvette for bringing us together in spite of thousands of miles in between. We praise you Lord for The Corvette :) :) :)

C4Tom, I became a CAC member shortly after getting my Vette, probably in August 03. And yes I have been in USA for quite a few times but not recently. Last 20 years of my career has been with US joint venture companies in Turkey (TR) involved in defence equipment manufacturing. I also studied junior high & high school in English and got my college degree in UK. Still I do not think I have the language skills that I really should. My memory is not very good...

Turkey has quite a few different climate patterns; where I live - Ankara, capital of TR - is more like New Mexico / Colarado Springs. Temperature differences between day & night, winter & summer are high, and humidity is low. We receive some rain and snow also. Istanbul (most popular town of TR) however is a bit warmer but also very wet. If you go south to Antalya (another popular town on the Maditerrenian coast) it is exact same as San Jose / San Fransisco. Go east and you will get some extremely low temps, long winters & lots and lots of snow. Go north to Black Sea shore and climate will be similar to Calif but with lower temperatures and humudity. Go west to Aegean Sea coast it will be like Antalya but with milder temperatures. So, it is a big mixture really.

Cheers,

Selim

Hey Selim,

Thanks for the information. It really sounds like a pretty nice place to live with all kinds of climates within a few hours drive(if it gets too hot, drive to some snow). I had a few buddy's that were stationed in TR and never heard complaints about it. In one of your pics with your house in the background, it looks similar to Florida to me.

Your language skills are quite acceptable. If I didn't know, reading your posts, I'd swear you were from US.

Make plans to attend Cruisefest III next year! Would like to meet you.

Nice pics of a nice car!

BTW: I like the color you have, and year model, and gear box, and..., and... :D

/Roger

06.jpg

Mad-Mic said:
Selim,

i always admired your car! especially representing american muscle in TR :beer

Thanks Mad-Mic. I remember from my childhood when there was nothing but American cars on the streets here. Then came the oil crisis and swept most of them away. Still there are people who are fanatics of American cars and I know exactly why... :beer

Nice car Roger. So you are in Switzerland? What was the occasion in the picture? Is there a Corvette fest there???

SSTibet said:
Nice car Roger. So you are in Switzerland? What was the occasion in the picture? Is there a Corvette fest there???
Yes, I'm in Switzerland. The picture is actually from a summer meet of the Swedish Corvette club a couple of years ago.

Are u driving your C4 anything outside Turkey? Are there any Corvette clubs down there?

/Roger

Nope, I drive my Vette only in Turkey - actually only in Ankara so far. And unfortunately there are no Corvette clubs here :( ; not even a web site where American fanatics can meet and share / discuss ideas. American sports cars are very rare here.

Don't get me wrong; there are all sorts of sports cars in Turkey but not enough to start a club. And most of such cars are in Istanbul not in Ankara.

Cheers,

Selim

Selim,

Thank you for replying. Very interesting story how the C4 got to Turkey. I meant no offense by "Where do you drive it in Turkey" as I know your country is very modern. I was curious if you drove it as a weekend warrior in the countryside or everyday through city streets and suburban neighborhoods. Do you have weekend cruises as we do here in the states? I bet it sure garners a lot of attention wherever you drive it. Also, what is the price of gasoline in Turkey?

Best of luck.

Silverja,

I never use it as a daily driver, too much traffic - too much hassle. I take it around during the weekends on mostly the highway type roads. There are no weekend cruises here since number of American cars are not that many; no clubs & no web sites either :( :( :(

Price of gas is almost $1.8 per liter... Which translates to approximately $6 per gallon... Very expensive! Turkey has the most expensive gas in all of Europe. Cost of gas from the refinery is negligable compared to the price the consumer pays. Most of the price is composed of taxes by the government. This becomes a good financial source for the politicians due to Turkey's huge debt figures ...

Cheers,

Selim

Selim,

In the Netherlands we have 1,4 euro a liter price too, stupid governments :mad

I thought Turkey was a very cheap country (read : not expensive)

I have been to Marmaris in 2001 for my honeymoon and had a blast.

eating , drinking , cigarettes, watches, souvenirs etc I felt like a milionaire during that 3 weeks.

anyhow, we may be lucky we have a C4 instead of a gaz guzzling big block.
even with these gasoline prices we can drive it ;) .

Yeps, Marmaris is a nice touristic resort town. Happy you enjoyed it, come back again. Turkey needs $$$$$$$ :)

Selim

SSTibet said:
Silverja,

I never use it as a daily driver, too much traffic - too much hassle. I take it around during the weekends on mostly the highway type roads. There are no weekend cruises here since number of American cars are not that many; no clubs & no web sites either :( :( :(

Price of gas is almost $1.8 per liter... Which translates to approximately $6 per gallon... Very expensive! Turkey has the most expensive gas in all of Europe. Cost of gas from the refinery is negligable compared to the price the consumer pays. Most of the price is composed of taxes by the government. This becomes a good financial source for the politicians due to Turkey's huge debt figures ...

Cheers,

Selim

Thanks Selim for the reply. And people complain about prices over here.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom