Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Black Wheel Trend

A larger veiw of the black wheels on miltievette's car. It's a bold statement.
Remo:cool

attachment.php

Location - Hong Kong

This one looks very sinister parked in an under ground garage.
CCW black powder coated motorsports.

black1.jpg

Had the centers of my HRE's painted black,with the polished lip, I love the look. If you must go for bling, polished is the way to go, much classier look than chrome. Chrome is for cars with chrome bumpers. Plus they are cheap and heavy, no business being on a real sports car.

Heck you may as well throw on a set of wide-white walls, and hang one of those red pine trees on the mirror along with the your black rims.....You might make that TV show called PIMP My RIDE !!!!!!;LOL

Geeez thanks a lot Remo......But a NASCAR opinion can't be all that much, since they only know how to make left turns.
:boogie

Let's ah see, how do the over paid football and baseball Prima-Donna's enunciate this statement?

Ya know, ya know man, my bad, it be cool, but ah three lefts makes a right. ;) :rotfl

Hey Hotwing, my cars are anything but pimp, they are all classy and understated. Remember, with cars, less is more.

Chicago, IL

Here's an alternative to the black wheels. This 2007 Atomic Orange Z06 has
factory installed 10 spoke Compitition Gray painted aluminum wheels.

snowbusiness.JPG

Here's an alternative to the black wheels. This 2007 Atomic Orange Z06 has
factory installed 10 spoke Compitition Gray painted aluminum wheels.

snowbusiness.JPG

What's all that white stuff behind it?

What's all that white stuff behind it?

In TN you'd call that a "mountain" :L

I like the "black chrome" look...a nice compromise between the lack of contrast with all black wheels and the "in your face" contrast of chrome (on a black car). There are some combinations of black/chrome wheels that look good too.

Bill

Not a Corvette, and not black, but...

I've always liked these wheels: http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Image:30th_Anniversary_Trans_Am.jpg The car isn't bad either ;)

I agree about the black chromes, a good compromise.

If you want rice, you need primer color wheels. :D

The wheels on my Saturn coupe are polished and black, and came that way long before "pimp my ride" was thought of.

Parkland, Florida

Pac-Man, Here's that look you like. In this case the wheels are I-Forged
Classic Hyperblacks (19x9.5 front and 20x12 rear). I must admit - it really
is outstanding.

19850388-19-060019psreszedsmudged.jpg

Hotwing, if you were this obnoxious about this topic on the other forum then I see why you got banned...

Well somebody had to say it.
Thanks Leon,

I find black wheels on "black" tires to be visually boring, the lack of contrast does not have eye appeal. The motorcycle industry has been doing this for over a decade and I usually will vote with my wallet: black on black and I don't buy. The few that I have purchased with this graceless color (or lack of...) combo have never remained in my garage for long. Conversely a black/silver wheel can be very appealing; therefore I spent $$$ to replace my all silver stock Sportster wheels with the same wheels but in black/silver from an H-D BT. My '02 1200 Sporty came with the 2 toned wheels, but my '04 1200R came stock with all silver (less mfg. cost...).

On my C5 I prefer the stock painted wheels to the polished aluminum ones she came with at, IIRC, a $1200 upcharge...owch.

Of course, IMhO, even worse is the "primer" or satin paint look. A vehicle with well designed surfaces deserves gloss paint to show off all the hard work that Industrial Designers put into creating those shapes and a dull finish certainly doesn't do that! DFO :puke

Remo,
What kind of wheels did you just get? Was this thread to help you decide, or to help confirm your decision...?

Black wheels just haven't grown on me yet.

Tammy

Gorgon, Thanks, I didn't want to justify those comments with a response, but glad someone did. Remo, those I-forged look exactly like mine, and stop showing pictures of those killer aftermarket lenses, they cost $180 and I'm damn close to ordering'em

Remo,
What kindof wheels did you just get? Was this thread to help you decide, or to help confirm your decision...?

Black wheels just haven't grown on me yet.

Tammy

Tammy,

I went with chrome C5 Z06 wheels like the one shown below. Once the weather breaks up here I'll get the car outside and get some good pics.
DSC01850-vi.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom