Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The C8 emblem/logo I designed

Brangeta

c8logodesign.png

Jonstr----Oh, and as for the subject of this thread - I think your logos rock! :Steer But I'm curious - how would you go about having a set of one-off emblems made? I can think of another potential use or two if it isn't ridiculously expensive.

Well, I have two options that I know of. I have a friend who makes vinyl decals at a high quality/professional level. We regard the man as a saint on the camaroz28.com messageboard, because his products are much cheaper than the aftermarket and his selection of colors and materials is MUCH larger. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm I've talked to him in the past, and he said that as long as I sent him the EPS files and told him the measurements, he would make anything I want. (I actually talked to him about the Callaway windshield graphics a few of the Corvette guys were wanting about 6 months ago). To have 2 of these logos made in the Z28 emblem location on the front fenders, he would probably charge me ~$50. These would be two-dimensional/flat logos. Since the C8 is a very smooth/clean looking car, I will likely go with these.

My other option is to have Motorhead Jewelry make emblems that look nearly exactly like the Callaway C16 emblems (three-dimensional, but 1 piece instead of 4 pieces). I don't know what the "16" material is made of on the C16 logo, but they said they could accomplish a similar look with black paint, powdercoating, or black chrome plate. I don't know anything about copyright infringement (if making a C8 logo would be a case of that) so I have no interest in it being exactly the same. In fact, with it being slightly different, it would make more sense--the C12 logo is slightly different so this one should be slightly different. Right? Anyway, they said for a single one-off emblem, it would be $450. I would imagine this implies they use a mold that is destroyed after casting 1 single emblem. I don't know the cost of two. I would imagine they would charge me more like the cost for a low production run ($600 for tooling (one time cost) and $110 per piece).
http://www.motorheadjewelry.com The cost is really steep, but the quality is top-notch. This is the company Chip Foose has create his emblems, as well as the people who create SEMA cars. If for some reason I decide I only want 1 emblem for the rear of the car, and none on the side, I might go with them.

About my logo, I think I'm going to redo it. It doesn't look up to my specifications/perfectionism, so I think I'm going to try spending another hour or two redoing the 8.

c8logodesign.png

Well, I have two options that I know of. I have a friend who makes vinyl decals at a high quality/professional level. We regard the man as a saint on the camaroz28.com messageboard, because his products are much cheaper than the aftermarket and his selection of colors and materials is MUCH larger. http://www.bfranker.badz28.com/vinyl/vinyl.htm I've talked to him in the past, and he said that as long as I sent him the EPS files and told him the measurements, he would make anything I want. (I actually talked to him about the Callaway windshield graphics a few of the Corvette guys were wanting about 6 months ago). To have 2 of these logos made in the Z28 emblem location on the front fenders, he would probably charge me ~$50. These would be two-dimensional/flat logos. Since the C8 is a very smooth/clean looking car, I will likely go with these.

My other option is to have Motorhead Jewelry make emblems that look nearly exactly like the Callaway C16 emblems (three-dimensional, but 1 piece instead of 4 pieces). I don't know what the "16" material is made of on the C16 logo, but they said they could accomplish a similar look with black paint, powdercoating, or black chrome plate. I don't know anything about copyright infringement (if making a C8 logo would be a case of that) so I have no interest in it being exactly the same. In fact, with it being slightly different, it would make more sense--the C12 logo is slightly different so this one should be slightly different. Right? Anyway, they said for a single one-off emblem, it would be $450. I would imagine this implies they use a mold that is destroyed after casting 1 single emblem. I don't know the cost of two. I would imagine they would charge me more like the cost for a low production run ($600 for tooling (one time cost) and $110 per piece).
http://www.motorheadjewelry.com The cost is really steep, but the quality is top-notch. This is the company Chip Foose has create his emblems, as well as the people who create SEMA cars. If for some reason I decide I only want 1 emblem for the rear of the car, and none on the side, I might go with them.

About my logo, I think I'm going to redo it. It doesn't look up to my specifications/perfectionism, so I think I'm going to try spending another hour or two redoing the 8.

Actually, the vinyl stuff sounds perfect for my purposes for now. I want to get a 'Speedster' logo for my toolbox to match the rear plate on the car. I will take a look at that guy's website and see if there are ordering instructions. Taking a photo of the logo on the rear plate and converting it to an EPS file should be no problem.

Thanks for the tip!

Difficult call Brandon,

If I were you I would go with the 50 bucks vinyl stuff. Nice to have with or without actually owning a C8. When you have your C8 I would order the 450 piece. Only one looks nice on the rear, side decals looks to me like 70/80's stuff. IMO.
Good luck,

Groeten Peter.

Actually, the vinyl stuff sounds perfect for my purposes for now. I want to get a 'Speedster' logo for my toolbox to match the rear plate on the car. I will take a look at that guy's website and see if there are ordering instructions. Taking a photo of the logo on the rear plate and converting it to an EPS file should be no problem.

Thanks for the tip!
Brent made all of the logos he sells, so don't worry, if the picture you send him is exactly how you want it to look, he can make the EPS tracing himself. The most important thing is that you take the picture exactly how you want it created. If it is at an angle, the creation will be at an angle as well.

Good advice Peter, that might be what I'll do.

Wonder if the logo would look good on this...

attachment.php

:upthumbs

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom