Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The first T-top American sports car?

Gordon Breuhig received a free 68 Corvette from his lawsuit with GM and put a personalized license plate on it that read "MY TOP".

...Gordon Breuhig received a free 68 Corvette from his lawsuit with GM and put a personalized license plate on it that read "MY TOP"...

I've never heard that story and have never seen any mention of it in regards to the development of the 68 coupe. Nothing appears when I attempt to Google the name. What is your source for the patent and the lawsuit?

:thumb

Last edited:
Wow!!! I never heard about that, AV8R.

;shrug

GM used the t-top as did Datsun/Nissan and even Ford had Mustangs with removable roof panels that required a center bar. If I remember correctly, the t-top was a means to an end. The bodies of cars without them would have been less rigid and therefore they needed the structural reinforcement aspect offered by the center bar.

I don't remember GM suing Ford for using them on the Mustang or Datsun/Nissan.... then again, they very well could have sued them too for all I know. :chuckle

I found some info on this. It says the guy tried to sue GM by was apparently unsuccessful.

I've never heard that story and have never seen any mention of it in regards to the development of the 68 coupe. Nothing appears when I attempt to Google the name. What is your source for the patent and the lawsuit?

:thumb
I may have spelled his last name wrong. It may take me a day or two to find it in my Library.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom