Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

the infamouse bose stereo...again

misterKTM

Corvette
'93 Black 6 Speed
Ok, I've had it with the in and out stereo reception of the bose - gotta get it fixed, it's driving me nuts. So I'm pretty sure it is the CDM box - as I don't have any crackling, hissing or any of the other common amp problems. The cd and tape deck both sound perfect. The stereo just fades in and out like it has bad reception all the time. Soooo, I've looked over the website carstereohelp.com and they seem to have pretty good experience. Looks like it is about $100 to have them fix it. The question is (finally) anyone know of a place a little closer to my Portland, Oregon location - to save on shipping and time ? Or has anyone used this place and recommend it so highly that I shouldn't go elsewhere ?? Thought, comments ?

Thanks,

Rob

Bose Stereo Fix

Rob,

You might try a place called corvetteradios.com. The guys name is Al. I believe he is located in Milwaukee, Oregon. I may not have the city correct, but i know he is in NW Oregon. I checked out his website and it is very detailed. Supposedly been a GM tech. for over 27 years and can fix any Bose stereo. He bench tests each repaired unit 8-10 hours before it is sent back out. He even has detailed removal instructions for removing your unit and sending it to him. I plan to send mine to him when I can afford it. The CD player on mine doesn't work. I live near Seattle, WA so that's close enough for me.

Good Luck,
Dave

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom