Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Lost Highway Exhibit

XLR8

Gone but not forgotten
Corvette
2003 AE Convertible, 1998 LCRM Convertible
'The Lost Highway' at the Corvette Museum
Louisville Courier-Journal - Nov 26

Now through March, the National Corvette Museum in Bowling Green, Ky., is featuring "The Lost Highway," an exhibit with scale-model miniatures of American highway commercial architecture. The models of abandoned filling stations, motels, cafes and other buildings by David Rose are part of the museum's Route 66 exhibit.

The museum is at Exit 28 on I-65 and is open seven days a week from 8 a.m. to 5 p.m. CST. Admission is $8 for adults, $4.50 for children; $20 family rate is available. For more information, go to www.corvettemuseum.com or call (800) 538-3883.

Anyone have photos they can post of the Route 66 exhibit and the Lost Highway exhibit??

I wanted to see these exhibits but I'm afraid a trip to Bowling Green is just out of the question right now. :cry Spring Dragon run and CruiseFest 2007 have earmarked my funds for use elsewhere.

I hate missing the exhibits but hoped maybe someone that has been to the Museum recently can post photos.

:w Jane Ann

I can't help you with the pictures. Did you check the website?

I did drive a little of the old Route 66 when I was in Albuquerque last month. There is not much of it left.

Wow!!

http://www.davidmalcolmrose.com/id2.htm

Found his website with photos of this awesome collection!!

Many pieces look so realistic - the detail is amazing!

Hate I can't see the exhibit myself. :cry

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom