Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Meeses are setting up shop!

wishuwerehere82

Corvette
Red '82 Coupe,Sebring Silver '98 Coupe
I just looked under the hood of my '79 Electra parked in the garage and there's a pile of Maple seeds an inch thick on my heater box. Now, the '98 Vette is parked next to it and I'm afraid to pop the hood. I guess I will get some moth balls tomorrow and put them under the hood.
The only problem I have is my cat goes out there (and is obviously not doing her job catching the little buggers) and I don't want her to get into them. I suppose I need to put some traps in a place that she won't get into also.
I never had a problem like this before, but I guess they have found a new home for the winter.

Poor Moth

wishuwerehere82 said:
I just looked under the hood of my '79 Electra parked in the garage and there's a pile of Maple seeds an inch thick on my heater box. Now, the '98 Vette is parked next to it and I'm afraid to pop the hood. I guess I will get some moth balls tomorrow and put them under the hood.
The only problem I have is my cat goes out there (and is obviously not doing her job catching the little buggers) and I don't want her to get into them. I suppose I need to put some traps in a place that she won't get into also.
I never had a problem like this before, but I guess they have found a new home for the winter.
I wouldn't have the heart to use moth balls, I use the scented sheets I put in the clothes dryer.;) ;LOL

Rowdy1 said:
I wouldn't have the heart to use moth balls, I use the scented sheets I put in the clothes dryer.;) ;LOL
we used those...they work great!!!
we also used two of the de-con traps(the round ones) in the house,where the meese go in and dont come out!!!:D

good luck,bill:w

Rowdy1 said:
Well, I used both today, and now my garage smells springtime fresh. I used the cedar scented moth ball packets and Bounce sheets. The good news is that both Corvettes were unoccupied. The Buicks, on the other hand, had lots of seeds stashed under the hoods.
Meeses prefer Buicks!

wishuwerehere82 said:
Well, I used both today, and now my garage smells springtime fresh.
isn't it nice to have that springtime fresh smell in january??!!!:D

bill:w

Actually, I prefer the smell of moth balls over dryer sheets. It smells like someone else is doing laundry in he garage.
I used to work in a cleanroom, and all of that scented stuff was forbidden lest it contaminate the silicon wafers. I still can't stand the smell, but if it keeps the meeses away I will bear with it.

I have to laugh now!:L

I went out to see if it was working and now the pile of seeds in on top of the moth balls. Yep, it works great, I'm going to have some fresh smelling Meeses.

Do those dryer sheets work with squirrels too?

I lifted the hood on my wife's sport-cute and found the engine is covered in peanut shells and squirrel droppings. My neighbour feeds the dang rodent. As far as I'm concerned, squirrels are just rats with bushy tails and better PR.

-Mac

Nope But.........

Mr. pellet gun will work with squirrels.:r

Squirrels, or as I call them Tree Rats are protected by law here in my neighborhood. Too many witnesses if you know what I mean. There are at least 5 of them in my yard at any given time. I'm pretty sure they taste just like chicken. The last time I popped one with a pellet gun, I found 3 rusted BB's under his skin that he apparently survived.
Back to the dryer sheets! I wish they made those zip up bubbles for cars like they do for motorcycles.

wishuwerehere82 said:
I wish they made those zip up bubbles for cars like they do for motorcycles.

you mean like this???
yb.dll

I hijacked that pic from corvette central,look under car covers!:D

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom