Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Noland Adams Digital Collection and Website

Golden53

Noland has amassed an incredible amount of Corvette information over the last 40 years. As many of you know, Noland had unique access to GM records and photographs. He also had a great number of people sending him information and pictures regarding their cars. From what I can tell, Noland saved just about every piece of paper he touched regarding Corvettes.

Two years ago I approached Noland about building a website based on his collection of Corvette related materials. Noland readily agreed, as he has dedicated his entire adult life to learning about Corvettes and then sharing that information with others. Noland requested only one thing in return – he simply asked me to encourage people to join the NCRS and the Solid Axle Corvette Club.

Scanning everything in Noland’s collection would be impossible, but I did scan everything that seemed worthwhile to owners of 1953 thru 1967 Corvettes. Over 20 months I scanned roughly 20,000 photos, 5000 documents (about 30,000 pages), 3500 letters and surveys containing VIN related identifying information, and 3500 GM diagrams (most of which were 24in x 36in).

The collection is simply breathtaking when examined in its entirety. And almost all of the material is free of copyright protection.

The more I scanned, the more I realized that Noland had invested a great deal of time, effort and money in building his collection. I personally do not believe that Noland's financial rewards have been commensurate with his investment. And I started to realize that time constraints would prevent me from publishing his entire collection on the web in the near future.

So I approached Noland about the idea of selling digital copies of his collection (with confidential information redacted of course). This would allow many more people to access and study Noland's collection. This would also allow the Corvette hobby to thank Noland for his efforts at a time when Noland is well into retirement. Noland liked the idea of selling digital copies, and encouraged me to pursue the idea. My deal with Noland is pretty simple – he gets all the proceeds. Please take a look at the website for more information on this topic if you are interested.

The first iteration of the Noland’s website is at www.earlycorvettes.net

The website is pretty basic at this point, but after working on this project for two years I wanted to get the ball rolling.

Just to give you a taste....

1953car.jpg

1957DuntovRacing1.jpg

1963Color.jpg

C2Filter.jpg

Thanks,

Russ Uzes

Russ, thanks for all your work with putting the information together. :w

As the secretary for the newly formed "Carolinas Chapter - Solid Axle Corvette Club", I try to do my part to encourage folks to join the SACC.
You don't have to own a solid axle to join but you may get one some day.
They have a great magazine with lots of interesting information.
Hope to see you at Bowling Green this Summer.

Excellent info! Thanks!

C1Hist2.jpg

(BTW, Saturday August 20 was a 1955 date.)

Good job, Russ! Keep the flame alive.:thumb

This was a great effort by you and Noland originally. The site is great and the collection is at the top of my want list.

Tom

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom