Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

Help! The one thing GM should think about. . .

Corvette
2003 50th Annversary Red coupe, beautiful !
Now I know we all love our Vettes, no matter what year or pedigree. I've owned a C-2, C-3, I have a C-4 and a C-5. And today I noticed a large gap in the interior panel at the rear right inside corner of my 50th AE. Whatever was holding them together, no longer is. Plus I was just reading an article about the new"ZR-1" coming out shortly. Fantastic car! BUT... I sure as h%ll hope Chevy can come up with a better, tasteful, well built interior than they have in the past. I know I'm kinda ranting here, please forgive me. But I think the interior of my old 59 roadster was better assembled than any of my other three Corvettes. I don't know why this has been overlooked by the engineers for so long. I have to admit though, the 79 C-3 was the worst, but the current C-5 isn't far behind. IMHO !:W

When I owned a 69 and an 87 I would tell people Corvettes we're the worse built cars in America.But I would also say I was truely glad I owned 'em.I've loved each and everyone I ever owned.

Having been a guest worker At BG in 03 I feel the Quality is far better.Why did I screw yours up or something? :boogie

When I owned a 69 and an 87 I would tell people Corvettes we're the worse built cars in America.But I would also say I was truely glad I owned 'em.I've loved each and everyone I ever owned.

Having been a guest worker At BG in 03 I feel the Quality is far better.Why did I screw yours up or something? :boogie
No, not really, the car is five years old. It's just something that's always been a poor item when you consider the cars overall history and other excellant parts. But they always seem to install a Colbalt interior in a car of this caliber? I don't know, when it warms up weatherwise I'll have to figure out how to fix the problem. Looks like the two panels were held together with velcro strips or something like that?

Now I know we all love our Vettes, no matter what year or pedigree. I've owned a C-2, C-3, I have a C-4 and a C-5. And today I noticed a large gap in the interior panel at the rear right inside corner of my 50th AE. Whatever was holding them together, no longer is. Plus I was just reading an article about the new"ZR-1" coming out shortly. Fantastic car! BUT... I sure as h%ll hope Chevy can come up with a better, tasteful, well built interior than they have in the past. I know I'm kinda ranting here, please forgive me. But I think the interior of my old 59 roadster was better assembled than any of my other three Corvettes. I don't know why this has been overlooked by the engineers for so long. I have to admit though, the 79 C-3 was the worst, but the current C-5 isn't far behind. IMHO !:W

It a known fact that the low ebb of American auto quality was indeed 1979, so what you're saying doesn't surprise me. But I think that the interior of my 94 is pretty good. I do know that I have looked at many earlier C4's and the interior quality isn't up to snuff with the later C4's. Now I can't comment much on C5's as I have not spent any time around them, but I would think that they have improved the quality as the generation ages....but I could be wrong. Each year the engineers are looking for ways to reduce weight and costs, so the interior might change from year to year in that respect.

It a known fact that the low ebb of American auto quality was indeed 1979, so what you're saying doesn't surprise me. But I think that the interior of my 94 is pretty good. I do know that I have looked at many earlier C4's and the interior quality isn't up to snuff with the later C4's. Now I can't comment much on C5's as I have not spent any time around them, but I would think that they have improved the quality as the generation ages....but I could be wrong. Each year the engineers are looking for ways to reduce weight and costs, so the interior might change from year to year in that respect.

I agree with you, the interior in my 84 is a world better than the interior was in my 79. I just think that as the corvette grows in cost, the interior should be improved as well.

The interior was one of the biggest dissapointments with my C5 when I first got it.

After reading All Corvettes Are Red, I understand why GM had to do what they had to do, but I still think that the poor quality is inexcusable.

I think the C5 interior is much nicer then the C6....my opinion

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom