Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The Plant starts to re-tool

R

Rick Daniel

11-10

Starting this month, the GM Corvette Assembly Plant will begin installing the tools needed to build the next generation C6 Corvette. More than 87 different tools or sub-assembly stations will be installed in General Assembly alone. In December, they will actually build a C6 using the tools along side the line. No plant tours will be offered from December 1, 2003 to April 22, 2004 due to build plans for the C6. Training on the next generation Corvette continues in the Workplace Development Center. The Corvette Engineering Team including Dave Hill was in the plant on Wednesday to review progress with the C6. Stay tuned for more information.

hmmm - I need an excuse to sneak in to the plant. :)

I hope the changeover goes as planned - I don't want any delays in getting my C6. Might even get it from you Rick :)

Manatee said:

Wonder how many people are working to try to schedule a tour on that last day before the closures to try to catch a glimpse of the new car? ;)

Leon

Manatee said:

I hope the changeover goes as planned - I don't want any delays in getting my C6. Might even get it from you Rick :)

That would be great. Might even sell you a C6 Z06 as well.;)

CAC members below cost right, Rick?

Oh yeah, I tried this before.

Rick,

Nice to see your post.

Remo :cool

Rick,

I understand you showed my pal Guy Wright (82-Guy) some Corvettes a few days ago. Keep working on him. He was born to be a C5-Guy. And yes things are a little more civil here - at least for the time being.

Remo :cool

Good post Rick. Thanks for the info. There is nothing to bash in this thread.:bash :bash

Gorgon said:
Wonder how many people are working to try to schedule a tour on that last day before the closures to try to catch a glimpse of the new car? ;)

Leon

I am trying to talk my dad into going down there with me!! Hopefully we'll get a glimpse of something like a C6!!

The C-6 is at the Bowling Green Plant

We just left the corvette plant 10 Nov 2003 and the re-tooling is underway. If you get a chance to tour the plant look for a C-6 covered over on the tour route. This is what I call working undercover in plain view. Just past the second tour stop is the C-6 covered. The car had two workers who gave us dirty looks as we walked by. The car looks much smaller. Talked to one plant guy who said they were retooling for the C-6. I asked if the car covered was the C-6 he said "That's it".

:cool :w Thanks Will Cooksey for the time.

DSC00160a.jpg

DSC00152a.jpg

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom