Welcome to the Corvette Forums at the Corvette Action Center!

The real McCoy

I personally think it is beautiful. I am going to get try and put an order in today with a Dealership out here. Rocketblock what do you think of it?

Yeah, it's gorgeous! They really did a nice job with it. Though I'm anxious to see the final front end and intake area, I am sold. I've been debating about a 2004 Commerative edition or waiting for the C6. Yup, I'm waiting!

Not sure about the "low" rear end you guys are referring to. When you tie down a car to a carrier, do you tie it down to the frame or body? Maybe it's just an illusion due to the blackness of the wheel wells and tires.

I like it.

I'm really digging the looks of this car. I can't wait to see the whole thing, on the ground and ready to roll. Now we need to get some info on that new and improved interior.

So far my plan to replace my C4 vert with a C6 is going nicely. I can't wait to see this thing in a drop top. :D

Leon

hot car

Damn that looks nice!!!! it has that Aston Martin Vanquish look and hopefully not the price!!! I like It!!!!!!!

Baised on those shots, I take back all the comments I made about the C6 looking like an import. The car looks amazing, no doubt it's a Corvette. :D

Jason

Messed around with the Hue and Saturation a little. Came up with some new colors.

Red%20C6.jpg

Blue%20C6.jpg

Black%20C6.jpg

Senna1994 said:
I personally think it is beautiful. I am going to get try and put an order in today with a Dealership out here. Rocketblock what do you think of it?
Well, now that you've asked!!! I think it is a nice evolution from the C5 and wont leave the C5 owners out there in the ozone. The C5 was a design home run and they knew enough not to mess with it too much. I think it's a nice next generation Corvette with some great mechanical improvements. :beer :)

This does look a lot better. Hopefully it will look as good or better when it is on the ground, at right ride height etc. One think I do like is that the design seems to all blend together, unlike the c5, and I like the way the rear deck line seems to angle back a bit (like the early c4s)--it gives the design a more aggressive look. Hopefully it will have round tailights, not the weird ovals of later c4s and c5s. I also like the wheels---while I would prefer the spokes to be a bit wider, these wheels have a toughness to them that Corvette wheels have been lacking for years. I would like to see them in either a gray color, or painted flat black.

--Chris Kennedy

See, Rocket has much more tact than me. Ross used to make me look like a puddycat.

awesome.....can't wait to see all views!!!:beer

Slash,

Those colored shots of your's are awesome!! :eek HOW did you do that? The original red is incredilble, but what you did really shows some other possibilities. Maybe GM wil take note and develop some futuristic colors and metallics. :m

Great work, can you provide any more color possibilities? Or is it pretty tough to do?

It was really easy. I just opened them with Photoshop and messed with the Hue/Saturation to change the color. I did some other small things to make them turn out a little better, but to get the color to change was really simple.

Green%20C6.jpg

Purple%20C6.jpg

I gotsa photoshop request 4 ya's...
Try to level out the ride heigth, Stick it on the ground and make the color pearl white.:cool
And if you get the time. . .

. . .Try darkening the wheels to a bronzish-graphite shade, and see if you can make the calipers look like they were painted 'brembo'-copper.

when I first saw the bodyshop pics I was dissapointed and confused. But after such a long period of time staring at the same spy pix over and over again, it feels great to finally see it. Even though it's not how I had imagined it to be, I am very pleased with the final result. I am in no way dissappointed, It looks great. Dave Hill was right, this is definitely an evolution from the C5. This IS the C6, a whole new chapter in the corvette legacy.

It's Beautiful

Ok.
I've had enough of bodies-in-white or shots of protos on car haulers.

I want to drive one.

After looking at all the imgages that have been on the web in the last week or so, it seems to be that the 2005's exterior design mixes a lot of C5 with a little bit of C4 and C3 to come up with a pretty damn good looking car.

I tilted it forward a bit and lowered the back wheel. I also made the rims a copperish color. I wasn't able to make it white, it was more a of a silverish, which I also posted.

Putting it on the ground isn't anything I can do in Photoshop. That would require an angle change. The only thing I could do would be change the background and that woundn't make a difference.

Enjoy.

Real%20C6%203a.jpg

Real%20C6%203b.jpg

Well I now know I am getting old.
(I used to make fun of my dad because he always said all the new cars look alike this was in the 80'S)

It seems to look like the C5.When I finally see one one the road I may not even know its the newer one.Anybody else having this problem or is it just me?

For sure I see the scoop difference and the location of the door handels.CAn anybody tell if its the same size? I thought it was going to be shorter.

Lastley who had the closest photoshop picture?

Now that the cats out of the bag so to speak do you think GM is still going to wait until january to unveil it

I do NOT think it looks like a C5, are you kidding? :duh From this angle there are many similarities, but I think once you see one for real...with the new headlights and rear facia, you'll know you're looking at something special and new. :eek

Slash, since you're taking photoshop requests, any ideas on body side moldings?? Nice job on Budweisert's request BTW. I personally do not like the copper wheels, I'm more of a chrome or Mag/silver wheel guy.

Corvette Forums

Not a member of the Corvette Action Center?  Join now!  It's free!

Help support the Corvette Action Center!

Supporting Vendors

Dealers:

MacMulkin Chevrolet - The Second Largest Corvette Dealer in the Country!

Advertise with the Corvette Action Center!

Double Your Chances!

Our Partners

Back
Top Bottom